Help yikes

Onespeed

Running today decent off bottom seems rich in middle wont clean up crisp until runnin the piss out. Lots of smoke and spoogin like crazy by end of ride wasnt idling well. 2012 gg ec 300 keihin pwk pilot 42 main 175 needle N1EF slide 65 stock clip at 3rd position down. Take off slide was going to try dropping needle. Found this http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3090&stc=1&d=1362190550 like a foamy white crap must be fuel cause found under seat like running from cap. ??? Any ideas good starting point to clean it up? Sea level temps high 40s to mid 50s.

Attachments

• 2013-03-01_18-05-36_243.jpg
    2013-03-01_18-05-36_243.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 61
That looks like an emulsion of moisture and premix oil on the slide. Filter get wet? Mod your '12 air box so it's less likely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Have you cleaned the air filter recently? If so, looks like it wasn't rinsed out properly?

Brand new filter was installed and oiled. Gmp stated that box needs to be modded i agree just not sure how to go about it since water can come in extrem easy from the top.

Yep as they said. Water and 2T oil. I've had the same once or twice oiling a filter before its totally dried.

Re the jetting. Ditch the stock needle. Its poo!

Its the sides, where the spars meet the box body. It's wide open where you can't see it easy but makes for a flood if you get splashed or hit it with the hose. Duct tape on the inside is the quick fix. I pulled mine, disassembled everything, made plastic blocking plates, and re-rivited/sealed all the joints with RTV. It's like a screen door from the factory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for the info GMP will definitely give the air box mod a go. I think I figured out another possibility the tank cap is leaking extremely bad...after I run charge through a set of whoops the area around the cap is covered in gas...the area I have been riding at is very wet lots of mini lakes it seams to me the water has been washing over the tank then right off onto the filter..:( I ran the 40 pilot yesterday some improvement think i need to drop to a 38 as it still is smoking and not clearing up completely. Jakobi whar needle should I try? In the end I think Im going to jump on the APT Smart Carb band wagon.:D

Have a search in this section. After confirming its an AS2 and setting the floats as per sticky, I'd recommend 42 N3CJ#3 178 as a starting point.

Glenn got any tips or tricks I should know about while undertaking this air box mod? I guess I'm a little foggy on the part where you cut plastic pieces. I plan on taking some pictures and doing a little write up to help others fix the screen door in the process.

I had mine down for winter, so I removed the airbox, drilled all the rivits out, and disassembled it and the subframe completely. It actually "unfolds" front to rear. I reassembled/re-rivited it sealing all the joints with silicone. The plastic I added was to block the open slots in the sides that face the subframe spars. Simple strips of plastic siliconed and pop-rivited in place on the inside.

This is not an immediate must do though. You can block these from the inside with duct tape. For sealing the rest, spit shine the airbox and rear under fender area and let it dry. Silicone all the seams and rivits and force it into the joints with your fingers wiping away the excess. Pay particular attention to the airbox/under fender joint. There is a foam gasket there but as you can probably tell by the muddy water runing in there its a joke. I ran with this on mine for half of last year and it was a big improvement. If you have the time go with the more permanent option.

Also, the little rubber valve on the bottom is too small and clogs with dirt trapping a lot of water that does get in. I cut it open more, and stick a block of skid plate foam in the well under the filter to allow water to run through but not mud that might clog the drain. Works good.

Back