I want a new bike in 2010

From what I hear, more states are going to do what they did here in NJ, have a separrate list of bikes that are homologated for road use. I suppose the goal is a standardized system.:( It does not matter what the registration says or does not say. Mass may still be good, but for how long?

What I would do, in the case of a bike like the EFI 'Berg with no kickstarter, is add a small battery for the EFI only and split/isolate the charging ckt. That way, if you run down the main battery, you could always bump start the bike. In practice, if you keep the bike on a tender you should have no problems, unless there is a design issue with starter capacity in cold weather. KTMs (RFS) seem to have a problem when its cold from what I've seen at late fall events, but my Cannondale fired in 10deg F after sitting a week.

Im told you can still bump the berg with a flat battery. Which is good, but after spending that sort of money, I'd hope I would'nt have to:eek:

I'm on a GG200. 06 model and it is the best bike for technical riding I have ever owned (short of my trials bike). I'm 6.2 and about 220 pound kitted out.

I did lower the gearing one tooth in the front, fitted the LTR side valve cover thing, raised the bars about 20mm and fitted a Scott steering damper.
Suits me for standing up as I stand up pretty much all day.

It does run out of steam on big uphills but it is unbelievable easy to ride in snotty terrain. Did ride a KTM 200 and it was very different with a much more peaky power band. The KTM liked to be kept on the pipe a lot more than the GG. The GG200 has a tremendous amount of very usable low end power. It does need the power valve cover, tho.

Generally I have no problem keeping up with my mates on their 450's etc, but obviously in an open paddock race I get left behind (mainly due to lower gearing and being a fat ass).

If you ride a lot of sand the power is not enough (with my fat ass on it anyway).

I also like to be on the pipe but I still get 100hrs between piston and rings without any issues and I run 50:1.

So most likely I will upgrade to a 200, 2010 model.
After all it's only money :-)

Happy New Year

Kim

Back