Is it worth changing ASI to ASII

Screw top is WAY better. Easier to jet.
No jetting issues when the weather changes, as with the ASII.

The only advantage the AS2 has is that its a bit more compact and that you can also get to the pilot jet through the drain hole. Jetted well they will both run well, however it seems the AS1 was easier to get right and not quite as sensitive to changes. I wouldn't consider either an upgrade from the other (unless yours is flogged out).

My AS-1 on the 2005 GG (as well as another on my KDX 220) was good before the RB-mod and very good after.

My 2011's AS-2 was fine on top but I never could get the off-idle bog or the off-idle burble to go away. I was going to send it to RB, but got the Lectron instead. Lovin' it.

AS2 started coming on the kx250 in 1999. 1998 had a power jet but was still a round top. '99 and newer got the power jet and TPS with 3d ignition mapping (k-tric, Kawasaki throttle responsive ignition control).

AS2 started coming on the kx250 in 1999. 1998 had a power jet but was still a round top. '99 and newer got the power jet and TPS with 3d ignition mapping (k-tric, Kawasaki throttle responsive ignition control).

That doesn't make it an AS2. That just makes it an AS. There were a couple different models released from what I have read including those with TPS and PJ. The AS2 on the gassers runs neither of these, but the AS2 is identified by the shallower float bowl and flat cap, and shorter body If it hasn't got these its an AS1.

http://motocrosshideout.com/cr250cr125-pwk-air-striker-conversion-throw-out-the-tmx/

Further to that link, I believe the YZ range were using an AS1 with TPS and Powerjet, same as the KX.

That doesn't make it an AS2. That just makes it an AS. There were a couple different models released from what I have read including those with TPS and PJ. The AS2 on the gassers runs neither of these, but the AS2 is identified by the shallower float bowl and flat cap, and shorter body If it hasn't got these its an AS1.

http://motocrosshideout.com/cr250cr125-pwk-air-striker-conversion-throw-out-the-tmx/

Further to that link, I believe the YZ range were using an AS1 with TPS and Powerjet, same as the KX.

I guess I was generalizing to a degree, the "AS" of course refers to the fins in the inlet side. From there, I always considered the 91mm long round tops to be the AS1's, and the 75mm long flat top/shallow bowl to be the AS2's. If it did or didn't have power jets or TPS was just a variation of the AS1 or AS2.
For the Kawasaki's, the '99 and up have the 75mm long flat top/shallow bowl with TPS and power jet and air striker fins.

Back