Jetting: 2011 250 (38mm carb ASII)

Where did you end up with your clickers Simmo? I haven't really had a smashing ride on them yet. I've done a few kms and they seem to go alright but still room for improvement. I'm yet to bottom them out too. Been focussing on the engine so far. TTX shock is going in today! :D

I'm at 19c13/r for trails, prolly go in one on the reb. They are awesome when you get it balanced with the rear, you will find the whole setup changes with the new shock. The lack of being beat up is such an improvement to the fun of a trail ride. Im going to go to 320 mm to cope with big erosion mounds. I'm stoked. You are a lucky dude having them at both ends.

I noticed that immediately. The mid range harshness is gone. They seem to feel the same regarding small bumps or big bumps. Like you said previously, its not like you're riding a cloud. You can still feel the suspension working and the bike still gives heaps of feedback to you as the rider. It just doesn't pump you out.

Its really quite hard for me to make any comment in any detail at the moment. The whole bikes dynamics have changed with new suspension front and rear, new engine effecting power and handling characteristics. New footpegs (minor), and the steering damper which also raised the bars. The good news is that even after all these changes throwing a leg over it it still feels like a Gas Gas and I gelled with it immediately.

If I keep my '07 for my son I'm thinking KYB 48mm SSS forks, and build a balanced crank 200 motor.

If I can find a decent 200 motor thats the plan. My 13 yr old son is tall, but not ready for a 250, especially in hare scrambles. I'd hate to sell this bike just to buy a 125/144/250F and then have to set that up, plus with all the common spares it just makes sense to keep it.

I know where you are coming from Glenn. Particularly with these bikes its almost more financially viable to hold on to them too.

Just a quick plot of a few different needles including the Kawi triple taper needles.

Haven't done much testing on the 250 yet. Still been running the N3CJ#3. Dialling in the pilot while trying to get the suspension sorted. Will update as I get some more time to switch a few needles out.

Attachments

• Jetting Plot.jpg
    Jetting Plot.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 39
And just as an update. I haven't been riding a whole lot lately due to other things, but have stuck with 42 N3CJ#3 180. The bike is as close to perfect as I could imagine.

Back