knobbyknife

craigyboy

Just shipped a knobbyknife to uk. Total cost with import duty came to £65. I thought it was a little expensive for what it looked like,untill I used it .What a great tool! I have re-trimmed the tyres on my sons bike ,my bike and also six rear tyres and three fronts .All of which would have been thrown away but are now as good as new .I cant recomend this enough .Especially in the current economic climate.Also the saving on the environment , not throwing away tyres with 99% of the rubber still on them.

Cool, I was looking at those. How long does it take to trim a tire down? I don't see any problem with running low profile tread durring the summer when giant fresh tread is not needed.

My buddy just got one and thinks it's terrific also. He said it took about 15 minutes to freshen up his worn rear tire. My turn next :D

I tire groover can work well at this also. You can run a groove along the leading edge and get a fresh edge and you can also groove the flat/top of a worn knob for another edge

yeah takes about 10-15 mins for a rear tyre ,a bit longer for a front as they are a bit more awkward with lots of knob faces. but still a lot better than changing tyres all the time and also no accidental punctures or scuffed knuckles from the sprocket.I have also noticed that better quality tyres trim easier .

Back