Lets talk tires!

I saw an interview with Mr. Six Days himself, Jeff Fredette. He runs Pirrelli XC MS everywhere. His reasoning is that they are good all around tires and conditions are constantly changing, from one side of the creek to the other. I liked the metzlers that came on my 2011 but the rear wore really fast, so I switched to the Pirrellis.

+1 more on the Motoz Tractionator I/T front tire. By far the longest lasting and most consistent performing front tire I've ever had.

As far as the "best" rear tire... still searching, but really intrigued by the Kenda Equilibrium (similar to Motoz Hybrid), which isn't out yet. I've emailed, Facebooked, and CALLED Kenda North America inquiring when the tire will be available in US and no one ever replied. Nice work, Kenda.

Currently on Bridgestone M403 front (meh) and Maxxis Desert I/T rear (great!).

Motoz

I just threw on a Motoz Mountain Hybrid after seeing great reviews. I haven't had a ride on it yet, but I also love the Millville 2. That'll go on if this Hybrid doesn't work out.

For the lovers of Pirelli tires check page 36 of the April 7 issue of Cycle News. Can you say "Cheap Chinese Knockoff" ? Better stock up before they change the manufacturing to make large profits $$$$$$$$$$$ :eek:

For the lovers of Pirelli tires check page 36 of the April 7 issue of Cycle News. Can you say "Cheap Chinese Knockoff" ? Better stock up before they change the manufacturing to make large profits $$$$$$$$$$$ :eek:

I saw that! Pretty sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 more on the Motoz Tractionator I/T front tire. By far the longest lasting and most consistent performing front tire I've ever had.
IME, that tire was the worst I have ever had the misfortune of riding on. They started chunking/breaking knobs very quickly, I got puncture and pinch flats almost every ride, and twice the front end went away so fast I didn't even have time to realize I was going down. Both times I was literally in a straight section, on hard pack dirt, with no rocks or anything else to upset the tire/suspension. The tire just went away. It's funny how some people can really love a tire and someone else can't stand them.

On another note, recently changed out the rear Dunlop MX51 (120/100-18) I had for a Sedona 907 (110/100-18). Wow, what a difference! Great traction everywhere and way better than my gold standard Maxxis IT (both at 5psi) in sand. Haven't been able to push it to it's limits yet as I still have the worn MX51 on the front. I'll hopefully have that swapped out soon for a Maxxis SI or maybe I'll try a Goldentyre "Fat Tire" if they have them back in stock.

GoldenTyre is finally showing up here in the states. I am running a 216 fattyre on the front and a GT230 on the rear and so far it's the best tire combo I have ever tried. My only negative comment is the 216 front is awesome but when it breaks loose it does so without warning. That being said you have to really be pushing it for this to happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

...Resurrecting this discussion, has anyone tried the Equilibrium yet?

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

I've been following the KTM thread on the Equilibrium and sounds like guys are just now receiving them. Should be some ride reports soon. Jimmy Lewis did a report on the dirt bike site.

Looks like an interesting player. Soft sidewall though which i personally don't care for, but might be the ticket for others.

GoldenTyre is finally showing up here in the states. I am running a 216 fattyre on the front and a GT230 on the rear and so far it's the best tire combo I have ever tried. My only negative comment is the 216 front is awesome but when it breaks loose it does so without warning. That being said you have to really be pushing it for this to happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last time I check Golden Tyre was pretty pricey!

Back