Liquid Image goggle

john r b

Platinum Level Site Supporter
Does any one have any experience with these goggles? They would make more sense than top of helmet camera.

I've sold a few of these here at the shop. They seem to be a viable choice. No complaints yet on the ones I've sold. I reread Trev's thread (linked above) and we also ran into fit issues on the first pair UNTIL we figured out the retractable outriggers...if they don't fit well with the outriggers flat then pop them in the out position and it makes a world of difference in the fit. I don't own a pair but still have a red pair on the rack here at the shop if you're interested.

I bought a pair for my son for Christmas. He won't be getting them for a bit, but I'll post a review as soon after that as I can.
I have a GoPro top of helmet mount that I use and like. The goggle setup is superior in at least one way: Can't loose the camera in a get-off. I haven't had that happen with the GP, but its on my mind every time I ride with it.

Yup if you read the posted link I've been using these for a while now and all my posted videos on YouTube search calgarytrev have been filmed by liquid image. They work great and in the winter I just ordered the dual lenses so hopefully no fog

Yup if you read the posted link I've been using these for a while now and all my posted videos on YouTube search calgarytrev have been filmed by liquid image. They work great and in the winter I just ordered the dual lenses so hopefully no fog

Have you had any fogging issues up till now(heavy rain,hot days or sweating)?That would be my major concern as i hardly ever still have my goggles on at the end of the ride due to fogging.I have the contour 1080p and it's been a great cam but lately has been acting up just like my 720p did before and also every now and then gets knocked off.A local supplier of the liquid image stopped carrying there product because they wouldn't take care of warranty issues properly from what i was told?

Have you had any fogging issues up till now(heavy rain,hot days or sweating)?That would be my major concern as i hardly ever still have my goggles on at the end of the ride due to fogging.I have the contour 1080p and it's been a great cam but lately has been acting up just like my 720p did before and also every now and then gets knocked off.A local supplier of the liquid image stopped carrying there product because they wouldn't take care of warranty issues properly from what i was told?

I've had fogging issues in cold but just switched to the double lense thru offer so I'm hoping that will aliviate that issue. The only real issue I've had is the camera constantly disconnecting on its own while uploading. It's frustrating as hell.

I have had them for almost a year now. No complaints whatsoever. The actual POV is so much better than having to adjust a GOPRo or Contour. My wife got them for me for Xmas last year for normal retail which was, I think,
$275. Then in May, Woot.com had the 720p for $89, I got 2 more pairs, one for me and one for a riding buddy. Since then, I have seen the 1080p on Woot for $119. Thats a hard deal to beat!

Mine fits well with my BELL Moto 8 helmet, but I did have to pull the outriggers out. I think the quality of the picture is good, but it does bounce around a little bit. Here's a link to my first test run with it on some of my home trails. The video was clearer before uploading it to youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrE4EcZ0sKA&feature=youtu.be
Not too shaky. I kind of like that visual perspective. BTW, your dog seems to like 2-strokes about as well as mine, judging by it's hackles:D

I've sold a few of these here at the shop. They seem to be a viable choice. No complaints yet on the ones I've sold. I reread Trev's thread (linked above) and we also ran into fit issues on the first pair UNTIL we figured out the retractable outriggers...if they don't fit well with the outriggers flat then pop them in the out position and it makes a world of difference in the fit. I don't own a pair but still have a red pair on the rack here at the shop if you're interested.

What model do you have? Price as well? You can pm me if necessary.

Just busted into my Woot-purchased set. Ditched the nosepiece straightaway and folded out the outriggers. The fit on my Arai is great but ...

Should I install the camera wedge or not? What's the as-delivered field of view like?

PlusOnePerformance

Mine fit better with the wedge in place. I was going to try it without, but I noticed that it didn't set centered on my face until I put the wedges in.

My set finally went inoperable after a brutal crash over the holidays, just ordered another pair should be here in a couple days! My last set lasted 2 years and took some major abuse. There great!

I haven't used the wedge and mine sits fine on the face with the outriggers pulled out in a Troy lee helmet. Do a search on YouTube of calgarytrev. All of my videos are shot with a liquid image summit 720p(my new ones are the 1080s) and you'll get a good idea of what the perspective is like. The only thing to watch for with me was that my visor was pushed all the way up or the camera sees it and makes the video hard to watch!

Back