Marzocchi 48mm CC forks, how to bleed inner chamber?

Blakelpd5

It seems after some research and some fiddling, the inner chamber and the outer chamber exchange fluids. I know to put in about 330cc of oil in the outer portion, but how much goes in the inner chamber and how do you know how much is in there after it's bled since it leaks into outter chamber

I've done the 50mm CC Zokes but these are way different.

Anders, that would be amazing if I could get a look at that manual!!!

LEO, the in er chamber doesn't come out of the fork tube. It's all one unit. Which is where most of my confusion lies.

And thanks for the links guys. I came across and watched that YouTube video before I started. The internals are different than my forks.

And I did read that thread and learned a bit about the pfp,but didn't see any info pertaining to the bleeding process. I saw a measurement of oil for the inner chamber, but that doesn't mean much when it exchanges with the bottom of the fork. Thanks again for the help guys!

Can you post up some pics? Interested to see exactly which forks you have.

To remove the cart you need to undo the damper rod at the feet of the forks. I'm assuming you know this though, which is why I'm interested to see some pics. Wondering how you'd change springs if you can't separate the cart and leg.. or in other words, there will be a way.

On these forks, you have to pull the stanchions out of the upper leg to get the springs out, where on other forks you can change springs without separating everything. I'll post pics in an hour when I'm home

Pics

I see weep holes down in the cartridge now that I took a pic :). I assume I bleed then fill to those holes and It sets itself

Then the PFP cylinder holds oil in while I flip it over to pour oil in the outer chamber before I seat the seals and wipers.

This is all an educated guess. Any backup from anyone with experience is very appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1892.jpg
    IMG_1892.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1893.jpg
    IMG_1893.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1894.jpg
    IMG_1894.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
And!!!, Does anyone know the stock spring rate for these forks? 2014 xc250e
According to the user's manual (2015) it is 4,2 N/mm. Check your own user manual to be sure.

On these forks, you have to pull the stanchions out of the upper leg to get the springs out, where on other forks you can change springs without separating everything. I'll post pics in an hour when I'm home

I'm sorry, but I didn't find the pdf file (yet). I could of course scan the paper version :-)

Take a look at this video and you will see how he removes the cartridge from the upper leg before doing service. Then everything makes more sense :-)

Yep spot as.

As said before. Undo the retaining nut as demonstrated in the SP video. I haven't been in mine for a while now, but I recall all this being in the Marozcchi manual too. I found adding a bit more fluid, around 225ml to the carts allowed for a solid over fill and purge, but you'll never get all of the air out from the edge of the floating piston. Don't stress over it.

Thanks guys I found a link to a manual on the Marzocchi site, but it's a dead link :(. I'll rewatch the vid and see about the retaining nut

Back