Motion Pro T3 throttle cable

does the adjuster nut at the top stay in position? i'm assuming the adjuster cinches against the throttle housing and stays put? and as mentioned before - has no issues with clearing tank (since barrel at carb top on t3 is straight)?

I had a not so good experience with this cable. It was about time for a new throttle cable and I happened to see this thread so I went ahead and ordered one.

It does not fit well on my 2005 MC 250. The cable (not the housing) is too long. Even after winding out the adjusters on BOTH ends to what I would consider max safe extension I still had unacceptable freeplay in the throttle. I thought about resoldering the nub on the end but with my luck I woulda made it too short. Plus I'm not exactly sure what that solder is. Silver solder?

I also was not enthralled with the bend that the cable made under the tank as Stainless mentioned. Having to wind the adjuster way out exacerbated this problem. I might have been able to live with that if adjuster was all the way in.

Maybe I got an outlier, but I'll be sticking with the stock set-up from here on out...

Anyone want to buy a brand new T3?

I've had good luck with the GG specific MP replacement cables, and one of those went on my '12 and fits well with the Flexx Bars.

I had an issue with a normal motionpro cable where the opposite occurred and the outer case was too long meaning I could never effectively get the carb slide to bottom out. I'll have to trim it back a little. I also have a T3 here to try. Hope its a better fit.

Not sure if its been mentioned or not yet, but these T3 cables seem to have one weakness. The rubber cover at the top of the carb doesn't seal well enough to keep water out. After washing my bike, starting it, warming and leaving it for a few days I went to make a jetting change and found the slide all but full of water. Only a little drop in the bowl drain plug. Its either snuck past the seal when crossing a creek, or filled up while washing. I have put a bit of tie wire around it to tighten it up at the top and packed the opening with some water proof grease. Ideally a dab of silicone would be the go but I only had RTV red high temp and would prefer clear for asthetic reasons :o

I got a T3 cable and attempted to fit it to my '11 300, however I have a Clarke 12l tank fitted and with the straight connection to the carb instead of the bent connection of the stock cable the tank won't clear it and places a lot of pressure on the cable. I've gone back to the stock tank and haven't tried it again but I'd prefer it if I could just get one of these cables with the bend. Anyone know if I can?

You can use a heat gun to soften the fuel tank around the throttle cable area that is tight. Gently push on the plastic to recontour the fuel tank to get the clearance you need.

Be sure to drain the tank and let it air out before you apply any heat to the tank.

Call MotionPro they will make a custom one for you. tell them you want an extra long GasGas with the bend on the carb top. I have had them make custom stuff for me before. takes them a few weeks but they will.

have just fitted a T3 to my 11' 300 and not happy at all with the fit. The straight section to the carby hits on the tank and I cant get the carby level. The length is the same as standard 40", I did order the longer one with a part number 10-3000. I am waiting for a response from the supplier, but may end up getting Motionpro to make one with the bent tube and a couple of inches longer. The fixed ends though are fantastic.

Maybe if we all harass motion pro they'll do a T3 for the gasser. The straight cable isn't ideal on mine, but does work. Just a tight bend into the carb.

Maybe if we all harass motion pro they'll do a T3 for the gasser. The straight cable isn't ideal on mine, but does work. Just a tight bend into the carb.

I second the motion and vote for Jakobi to take the lead on it :D
Having said all that Wence on a diff forum mentioned he got a motion pro cable from gofasters with the bend? Anyone from Gofasters or Wence can offer some light to the subject?

I have just sent this to Motion Pro...........

Hi, I ordered a T3 throttle cable for an 11' 300 gasgas from an online store, the part number is 10-3000. I was informed that it was 4" longer, this is not the case as it is the same length as the standard one 40". Can you make up a T3 that is 44" long with a bent metal tube at the carby end to clear the petrol tank with the inner cable 1/4" shorter as there is no adustment left ??
Are you able to send to Australia ?
If you look on the gasgas riders club forum, you will see that there are a lot of riders with the same problem.
Thanks
Geoff

Will wait and see what happens.

I have been using the t3 for about a year with no problems. The bend is not really an issue when installed. It is kind of a pain when removing the slide but you just have to rotate the carb a little. I have my bars raised an inch and I would not want a longer cable than this. I am pretty sure they advertise it as being 4" longer than a stock KTM cable, not GasGas.

I put the t3 on man is it slick from the gasgas 1 1/2" longer cable motion pro makes. I wouldn't waste my money on it and go with the ktm t3.

Back