My Go Pro HD Thread

your dog smoked you bad, blew 2-turns passed you back and kept slowing down so you could catch up...awesome dog.

How does the HD video look playing back on TV?

I have the VholdR Contour HD, which shoots 720p at 30fps, or 480p at 60fps.
The picture quality is awesome, much better than the old style GoPro we had.
The only problem I have with it is that my computer isnt grunty enough to process the HD efficiently, it it very jerky, it wont even play youtube properly.
I must try and play it through the TV via my xbox.

What program do you use to edit and process the videos?

your dog smoked you bad, blew 2-turns passed you back and kept slowing down so you could catch up...awesome dog.

How does the HD video look playing back on TV?

Yes, My dog is a badass. 6 years old too!

It looks amazing on the TV, way better than youtube at 720p

I have the VholdR Contour HD, which shoots 720p at 30fps, or 480p at 60fps.
The picture quality is awesome, much better than the old style GoPro we had.
The only problem I have with it is that my computer isnt grunty enough to process the HD efficiently, it it very jerky, it wont even play youtube properly.
I must try and play it through the TV via my xbox.

What program do you use to edit and process the videos?

I use iMovie (apple).

Luckily I have a nice new desktop, so I am all set there for now.

The Gopro HD shoots 720p in like 4 different modes. The one that ended up the best was the 30fps "square" view (aka setting 4). It can shoot 720p at 60fps but it's rather sensitive to low light.

I haven't even tried the 1080p yet :D

Great vid.
Man I'm almost there...I just have a couple ??
What did you pay.
What's your honest option on sound quality?

Sound quality- it's fine, not awesome. I refuse to use the open back, which probably helps a ton.

Pay- $299 for the HD Hero Naked I would imagine. It was a Bday present :)

My dog just tries to bite the front tire. Cool vid.

I used to ride with a mate whose dog would often come with us. This dog would have easily been able to keep up with us if he didn't keep stopping to eat dead stuff, and lick his own dick..........:D

I had some reservations on the purchase but broke down in the end. And went with the GoPro wide and here's my thoughts on it.
Pros:
- You won't break the bank buying this little puppy.
- The camera comes with a waterproof housing, and lots of mounting brackets, 2 helmets and 3 flats with 3M tape that sticks to almost anything. It even has a huge suction cup if you dare mount it on your vehicle.
-For such a small camera (almost toy like) it does it's job well.
-I like the wide angle, It takes in a lot of the area you're riding and does not bounce around too bad like my other cameras or make you dizzy when watching it later.
-For not being HD it takes a half decent video.
-good color in the day, not so good in the shadows . Has many different functions and is fairly easy to use. It also can take a picture every 2-5 seconds. I like it.
Cons.
-You better buy lots of batteries (recommend lithium cuz alkaline won't cut it) Better yet, get some lithium rechargeables.
-The display screen is very small to read for us old timers.
-The camera's red LED lights are all but useless on the trail. Better just to leave it on and do some editing at home.
-Don't care for the sound quality.
-It should have a nylon lanyard as a safety line in case the thing does get ripped off while riding.

Bottom line is, it's a very affordable video camera that will take in some of your good times out on the trail.

Here's a short rip from Sunday, would have been longer but I just had some used batteries in it and it died right away.
banghead.gif

Great ride and I got the bruises to prove it.:D Had a couple of good get offs that I wish I had on video.
XC300

cheers.gif

I had some reservations on the purchase but broke down in the end. And went with the GoPro wide and here's my thoughts on it.
Pros:
- You won't break the bank buying this little puppy.
- The camera comes with a waterproof housing, and lots of mounting brackets, 2 helmets and 3 flats with 3M tape that sticks to almost anything. It even has a huge suction cup if you dare mount it on your vehicle.
-For such a small camera (almost toy like) it does it's job well.
-I like the wide angle, It takes in a lot of the area you're riding and does not bounce around too bad like my other cameras or make you dizzy when watching it later.
-For not being HD it takes a half decent video.
-good color in the day, not so good in the shadows . Has many different functions and is fairly easy to use. It also can take a picture every 2-5 seconds. I like it.
Cons.
-You better buy lots of batteries (recommend lithium cuz alkaline won't cut it) Better yet, get some lithium rechargeables.
-The display screen is very small to read for us old timers.
-The camera's red LED lights are all but useless on the trail. Better just to leave it on and do some editing at home.
-Don't care for the sound quality.
-It should have a nylon lanyard as a safety line in case the thing does get ripped off while riding.

Bottom line is, it's a very affordable video camera that will take in some of your good times out on the trail.

Here's a short rip from Sunday, would have been longer but I just had some used batteries in it and it died right away.
banghead.gif

Great ride and I got the bruises to prove it.:D Had a couple of good get offs that I wish I had on video.
XC300

cheers.gif

Pretty good riding Dave ..good pace

Very happy with my go pro wide its very durable....from 30c above to -30c still works like a charm...your right about the batteries

When I hear about the updates on the HD model...I'm glad I have the std wide...but I will upgrade soon enough

I like the helmet mount for the sake of less vibration...but the chesty mount does give the ultimate view

PS Red Gasser will be here soon !!!!:)

Troy

Well maybe if it were with a Gaser...but why would we want to watch a pumpkin try and get over a rock?:D

There was a yellow gasser in the school hill video near the end,, looked like he was good at going thru the rocks too.. altho in the trench by the big rock he dismounted but still went faster than anybody else up the hill of rollers..

Back