NEDW users what clip position do you run?

95jersey

Bike is 2014 300 with house of HP silencer.

0-1000ft
Pilot 42
Main 175
NEDW clip #3
Current daytime riding temps 35F-45F.

Just curious as to what clip position NEDW users are running? I started at #2 from the top, bike felt lean, a bit light on power down the bottom, and was very hard to start cold. Moved it down to #3 and it now starts after a couple kicks, comes to idle faster, and doesn't have the hollow ping sound in the middle...but now it comes on the pipe very abruptly. Assuming this is because the lower position has richened up the mid range?

Just curious what others with this needle are seeing.

I am at clip 2 42 pilot and 180 main for the cold weather. I suspect when it warms up I will drop to 175 and possibly a 40 pilot. I considered going half a clip on the needle because it is just a tad lean on no.2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

42-45 pilot depending on how cold it is NEDW 2. My Idle still varies some and it starts ok. Exhaust is very clean
If it is between 20-30 F I go to the 3rd clip.

I'm thinking about trying a NEDH 2nd clip. Has anyone tried an H diameter in a 300? When I went from a J to the W it showed good improvement

2014 300 replica.
0-500m
25-29C
main 172
Pilot 42
NEDW#2
Have been following ngreen & jakobi posts.
This beats my JD blue or red needles.Mid & top is awesome ballistic.Just off throttle is torquey but not really responsive but I like it.Too rich or too lean?It all started to blur together after several jetting combos.

40 NEDW#2 175 in a 2013 EC250 (modified). I would describe it how gg3 has. Rather soft off the bottom, with a strong mid to top. Responds very well to just a little clutch. It works for me.

mid 20 - mid 30 Celcuis
300-900M usually
Humidity always 40+ (but more often in the 60-90% range).

Ran with the clip on the 3rd position Sunday and it was brilliant, just perfect in every way. I am guessing I needed a little more juice with the House of HP silencer and low ambient temps.

It is now my 4th ride on this bike and it just amazes me.

Just realised how cold it is there, only 5-7 Celsius!
I may be wrong but low temp=more oxygen hence richer jetting required= #3 on the needle. With our 29 Celsius requiring leaner jetting= #2 on the needle would net similar results?

Just realised how cold it is there, only 5-7 Celsius!

I may be wrong but low temp=more oxygen hence richer jetting required= #3 on the needle. With our 29 Celsius requiring leaner jetting= #2 on the needle would net similar results?

Correct. Humidity and elevation also play big roles.

2014 300 replica.
0-500m
25-29C
main 172
Pilot 42
NEDW#2
Update-Had a 2hr test ride & as previously described a bit unresponsive off idle,mid/top spins up fast.The plug is grey not tan so dropped to clip 3.Idled much better/fatter,it idled fine before but 'dinky',mid/top stronger as well.'Blubbery' off idle(sorry for the technical terms).I am struggling to read my rich/lean jetting area now.Air screw best idle at 3 turns out.Possibly 40 pilot?

2014 300 replica.
0-500m
25-29C
main 172
Pilot 42
NEDW#2
Update-Had a 2hr test ride & as previously described a bit unresponsive off idle,mid/top spins up fast.The plug is grey not tan so dropped to clip 3.Idled much better/fatter,it idled fine before but 'dinky',mid/top stronger as well.'Blubbery' off idle(sorry for the technical terms).I am struggling to read my rich/lean jetting area now.Air screw best idle at 3 turns out.Possibly 40 pilot?

I noticed the same thing (or worse) at 4C (or 39F). Bike ran very lean in the middle. Dinky is a good description. No spooge and very tinny. Bike was very hard to start. 3rd clip resolved much of this, fattened up the bottom and mid, same pull up top and just a splash of spooge out of the tail pipe.

2014 300 replica.
0-500m
25-29C
main 172
Pilot 42
NEDW#2

Edit- Same but 40 pilot.Don't want to get excited but....I really like it!
Only a short test ride in a near field but was cleaner off throttle but not snappy enough to get me in trouble,mid & top still great.Power stand on each gear change on an incline.Still some possible improvement on the air screw.Plug is tan/coffee.Will give it a day of trail & report.

2014 300 replica.
0-500m
25-29C
main 172
Pilot 40
NEDW#2

gave it a good run through single & twin track forest.Dry clay base & powdery sections.Fairly fast track with lots of corners.
Bike ran brilliant.Love this jetting.Plug is a nice coffee colour.No more tinkering, Jakobi-don't suggest anything!

Back