Need some understanding

Tobbe

I have a ec300 2007.
When i Connect the yellow wire from the stator to the regulator. Where does the positive go from there? I mean there only one inlet., no yellow wire from the regulator. Or does the ” output” goes thru the black negative that i have grounded to the frame? I don`t have light when i start the engine, i have power to and from the regulator. But when i try with a loose battery to a yellow cable with a spadeconnector all lights works. Have i missed a ground connection somewhere?

Try read this
https://www.thehellteam.com/regulator-rectifier-95

its not a rectifier. Stator will produce ac power. If connected to your lights, they don't care (unless you have put LED in there). All this does is clip the power to between +12v and -12v. You need wire from stator yellow to the lights. Then this tapped on 1/2 way to limit the voltage.

Is this a groundpoint? I couldn’t find any cables that fits there.

Attachments

• IMG_8133.jpeg
    IMG_8133.jpeg
    628.7 KB · Views: 6
Are this supposed to be connected? One is male the Other is female so it should. Both are yellow. If i Connect them it wont be any lights when the engine is running. But if i connect a battery to the connectors all lights worksIMG_8134.jpeg

The black and the blue/white. It’s the only cable that is grounded besides the black cable from the regulator. That i could find
IMG_8139.jpeg

Is this a groundpoint? I couldn’t find any cables that fits there.
That frame tab can be used as a ground point if you want. Like F5 says the yellow wire from the stator has to be connected to the lights via your switchgear. The voltage regulator only has one input because it just clips the AC voltage to ~12V. If the regulator has two wires (yellow and black), the black wire gets attached to the frame. Some regulators are single wire (yellow only) since the grounding is done by the mounting tab of the regulator. You need to do a lot of wire tracing to confirm where your wires go. The blue/white wire is your ignition coil input.

As above, so I'll turn my attention to the tasteless Blue anodized Chinese YZ Kickstarter.

(Cough) I took the blue off mine with some gell oven cleaner. Wipe it on , leave a while, wipe it off. Repeat another time or two and back to looking sharp in silver. And it stays that way.

Hooray.

Back