New Carbon Pipeguards

I know I had a p3 guard made for a 12 that fit my 11. As pointed out earlier the pipe shape etc is the same it's just the mounting points on the 12? (Def '14) bikes that are different

Gave mine a pretty darn good test today with a number of stuff ups lofting over log and rock ledges. Guard held up great to my surprise especially against the rock! Great product!

Awesome Nato, its great to hear the things holding up well! Look out though, your about to be upstaged by Mark "Desert" Spencer and his shiny new red one. :D

Damn right mate,
Just got the blood red pipe guard from Matt at Propower for Hattah.
Check it ,
I reckon it looks cool...
The fit is really good , better than the previous . My pipe is slightly bent up near the small end therefore it sits away just slightly but that is not the fault of the guard that is for sure.

Cheers Mark

Here's my old S3 guard.

Lasted me about 4 rides.

Laid the bike down and thought oh that doesn't look bad.

Brought home and cleaned it up and removed guard to take a peek and are you kidding me...?

I now use the AL flatland racing guard. Not as pretty but much more durable to hard impacts like where I ride!!!

du5a9a5u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If you find yourself looking for another i recommend you try a Propower guard as they are thick and sturdy. And free postage worldwide!

I like the look of the propower ones and will be supporting local if I find the need to buy another one.

Mark, what happened to the last one? Just decided to upgrade with some propower sponsorship? The fit and finish looks good.

Stu, looks like it might have been a bit more than a gentle lay down. I've never truly tested a P3 other than shielding from roost/trail trash and abrasions from gentle spills. Its always hard balancing the cost of protection vs the cost of a new pipe too.

Here's my old S3 guard.

Lasted me about 4 rides.

Laid the bike down and thought owe that doesn't look bad.

Brought home and cleaned it up and removed guard to take a peek and are you kidding me...?

I now use the AL flatland racing guard. Not as pretty but much more durable to hard impacts like where I ride!!!

du5a9a5u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is where the design of impact resistance and shock distribution values come into play, a lot of guys buy on pricing alone but they are not comparing apples with apples. An eline is built to a price, as is a p3, as is a propower guard, but the prices are not all the same. This is a great shot stu illustrating the issues of shock referring through the guard rather than being absorbed by it. I am by no means talking down P3 as they have great products and are also priced accordingly. We have spent countless hours with different layup designs to better distribute the impact of shock so that you dont get one when you take off your pipe guard! :)

I truly tested my p3 on numerous rocks to the point where I had to replace the pipe because I could not get it to line up properly - this is the down side of CF guards the impact needs to go somewhere I suppose and the neck of my pipe was where the price was paid. The p3 is still on the new pipe (until I gather enough coins to get a propower :))

If I could get dents blown out easily nearby for a decent price I might consider no guard but I have a tendancy to underestimate the width of my pipe so doubt it would work out cheaper

Last edited:
As I have said before, after the endurox I fully expected my pipe to look the same as yours but not a dent at all.
The Propower are definitely tuff units.
I had a thinner prototype on my bike whilst doing the endurox and the new one is a much better and more refined unit.
I fully expect there to be no probs at all with dents and being thicker than the prototype it should resist bending the pipe a little more also.
Cheers Mark

P.S Nothing at all wrong with the original either , just upgraded to red:D

Stu, looks like it might have been a bit more than a gentle lay down. I've never truly tested a P3 other than shielding from roost/trail trash and abrasions from gentle spills. Its always hard balancing the cost of protection vs the cost of a new pipe too.

I never said it was a gentle lay down.

I never said it was a gentle lay down.

Nor did I ;)

What I was saying is that regardless of what you bolt onto your pipe to protect it, there will be a certain force or impact that is beyond its ability. In your instance whatever you dumped it into, you did so with enough force to root the guard as well as the pipe, and I'd be surprised if anything else did a whole lot better. It may have made the pipe repairable vs a write off, but then again, its probably cheaper to just buy another pipe vs another carbon guard plus repairs. Ala, cost of protection vs replacement.

I truly tested my p3 on numerous rocks to the point where I had to replace the pipe because I could not get it to line up properly

I run a pipe guard and I also bent the head pipe to where it was nearly touching the frame. The pipe just barely covered the outer o-ring on the cylinder head and leaked badly. I bent the pipe back into shape by heating it with a mapp torch and using a large pipe stuffed into the end of the exhaust pipe for leverage. I could see that the head pipe needed to be bent back almost 1/2 inch so I measured from the edge of the head pipe to the other end of the exhaust pipe for reference then I kept bending till I got a measurement that was 1/2 inch shorter. Worked like a charm.

I did the same on this pipe and the previous.
I use a maddock/pick handle , which just fits the throat of the pipe and then bend and test till it is good and covers the orings etc.
Cheers Mark

i did the same a few times and got pretty good at it, but i could not get the small bend away from the frame enough and also wheelieing onto rocks and landing on the guard bent that part up - short story is that i had a new pipe waiting on the bench so did not put in the effort that i would have needed if it was my only pipe.

am going to take the pipe to someone i know that uses water pressure to fix pipes, he seems to believe that enough internal pressure will bring the pipe back very close to the original shape

How about us 2010'ers. Don't forget to make guards for the 2010 EC250's that are out there. Please keep us posted, the RED guard is outstanding.

How about us 2010'ers. Don't forget to make guards for the 2010 EC250's that are out there. Please keep us posted, the RED guard is outstanding.
I believe the pipe shape is unchanged only the mounting points differ so the pipe guard will fit your 2010, but confirm with propower first :-)

Back