new gasgas in my garage

dirtyDsun

Hey peeps. Just picked up my first GG, 2014 xc200r. No e-start, but couldnt argue with the price(6399 otd). I had been riding an old kdx 200 off and on for a good while now, and also an 89 xr 250. After buying my first home, I felt it was time for an overhaul. Originally I had been looking into a ktm 200 xc w, only because ive ridden a co-workers a few times, and initially i liked it. I kinda took a leap of faith on the GG, not knowing anyone around me who had one and being unable to demo one. When I went to check it out at Bills in salem, I just had to have it. With it now sitting happily in my garage, the more beers i drink as I stare at it, the more I realize I made the right choice. She sure is pretty.
CheersIMAG0226.jpg

happiness

I'm sure you'll be happy with it once you ride it, and become familiar with it .. these are great bikes ! Glad you made the decision to try it out .. that is a leap of faith !

You are going to have a blast with the 200. I made The switch from the Orange about 6 month ago and not to be partial with the GG but is a better machine. At list in my opinion. I think we need to form the 200 club.
Jetting and gearing is the key

Hey...that's the bike I've been drooling over for a while - congrats!

I took the same leap back in Nov '13 when a buddy pointed me to the '11 I currently own. Liked it so much that I convinced my wife to let me sell her 250 4T and pick up another one...lol.

Sounds like Bill has made a couple converts lately and that's plain awesome. Where do you usually ride?

It is hard to imagine someone going into Bills and buying a plain white husky over that HOT SPANISH bike . Great choice n great buy ;)

hey, thanks fellas. I dunno, those new huskys are looking pretty good, I would love to pick up the te 125 or xc 125 for my wife, once shes up to par. I have been riding in the hills outside Molalla, exploring the areas where I hope to hunt some day. I just moved to Molalla, from Sherwood/Beaverton. My unlce Chuck/Ron/Mark/Kenny(my dad) is from the Sherwood area, id imagine some of you Oregonians may know them. Anyway, the GG is amazingly beautiful, I cant wait to figure out what chemical mixture makes this thing purr!

2014 200

I have about 6 hours on my 14 200 and can say it is a great bike. I put a Rekluse on it and it is taking some time to get use to it, but it handles great and the power is really smooth!

Anyway, the GG is amazingly beautiful, I cant wait to figure out what chemical mixture makes this thing purr!

If you want to go explore the coast range (TSF - Diamond Mill, Cedar Creek, Jordan Creek, Lyda Camp), post up and we'll find a time that works. On that side, you're probably relatively close to LaDee Flats. Only been there once as it's relatively new, but supposed to be growing.

One of the best things you can do to really get her purring is to send the head off to Ron Black (RB Design) - make jetting much easier and also give you better fuel economy.

Definitely post up a ride report after you get her out for a proper rip :D

Finally had a chance to take the bike on a few rips this weekend. I was planning on waiting until I could get the RB mod done, but looks like ron is out of commission for a month or so. I couldn't wait that long to take her out. I decided WTH im gonna take it out with stock jetting and see how it rides. 175 MJ, 42 PJ, NOZH#3, #6 slide, 50:1. Smokey at idle, burble at 1/4 throttle. Still very rideable, better than the old kdx 200 in every way. After about 2 hours of riding I had some drool running down the bottom of the can, but not bad. I loveeeeee the way this bike handles. Point, and it goes. I cant wait to get it jetted. I ordered up a few suzuki needles, various main/pilot jet sizes. Im also thinking about ordering a #6.5 & 7 slide from sudco, just so I can see what works best for me. I think i'll start with changing the needle, go ride, make jet adjustments from there. Im not really riding WOT much, so the 175 MJ might be fine. I look forward to experiementing once all the pieces show up!

Give this a try 42 pilot nozh #2 172 main, should run good. If it still feels rich at 1/8-1/4 throttle a 6.5 slide will hook you up.

It took a bunch of trial and error for me to get things dialed in on my '11 200, but I ended up going with a 40pj and think that's helped a bunch. I thought it would be a little on the lean side, but it's not and helps smooth the transition from 1/8th up.

I bought the bike 2nd hand and it had an unknown needle (to me) at the time, haven't had to change things around since getting it dialed - even when riding up at Gifford and 6k feet.

40 pilot
R1470 Needle @#2
172 main
A/S 1.5 turns out
#7 slide
AS1 carb

We have another 200 in the garage and it came to us with a #6 slide, so the jetting was a bit different. Here's what I ended up settling on for my wife's bike - throttle response is fantastic and doesn't have as much drool as my bike.

175 main
42 pilot
NEDH #2
A/S 1.25 turns

That's awesome you picked one up for your wife! I think my bike will end up pretty similar to you and the miss' bikes. I have a hand full of MJs and PJ's, but don't think im going to play with them until I see how the new needle is. So for now im at:
175 MJ
42 PJ
NEDH #2
#6 slide

I also called Sudco today to order a #6.5 slide, but it seems they are out of stock. They have a shipment of 40 coming from japan, hopefully be here in a few weeks. On that note, I probably wont make any changes until I get the RB mod done, hopefully get that done around the end of march, or early april.

Liv2day, what premix have you been running in your bikes? Im using the spectro sx that bill gave me, I think I might give amsoil interceptor a try.

Liv2day, what premix have you been running in your bikes? Im using the spectro sx that bill gave me, I think I might give amsoil interceptor a try.

With a #6 slide and that PJ/Needle/MJ combo, I bet she's pretty damn close to perfect :D Getting Ron to do the head will probably make things perfect and you'll get better fuel efficiency to boot.

I've been running 50:1 Amsoil Interceptor for years (including back when I was on the orange 300) and think it's been great. I'm due for a top end very soon and it'll be interesting to see what the p/v looks like. I still get some drool out of the pipe on my bike, but it's not an issue - throttle response is great. Given the conditions I typically ride, think the Interceptor is better, not on the MJ all that often and think the lower flash point helps.

I have about 6 hours on my 14 200 and can say it is a great bike. I put a Rekluse on it and it is taking some time to get use to it, but it handles great and the power is really smooth!

Which rekluse did you put in your bike, and how do you like it? I've been toying with the idea of trying one out.

Rekluse

I have the auto clutch. Love it, no stalling at all when locking up the back brake. Does take getting use too though.

my 13 200 is nice with 40p,175m,nozh#2.ignore the drool if it runs nice,could be squish,q stealth muffler or high flashpoint oil as much as jetting.the nedh Suzuki needle works well too,smoothly ramps up,but softens the hit a little.i like the hit so went back to nozh.loctite the stand bolt and kickstart bolts.check all other bolts are tight.radiator braces are a good investment,and mine had way too much front rebound(really sharp feel in the tight but up the pace and the front kicks up over whoops)screw fork rebound clickers(bottom of fork) in 5 or 6 clicks if nec.take one last lustful look at her,climb on,and enjoy!

Thanks Barossi. I have swapped to the NEDH #2, but have not ridden since the switch. I want to see how it rides, then ill drop down to a #40 PJ if its still not where I want it. I'll also be buying a 6.5 slide when they arrive from Japan. I did however invest in Emperor Racing RAD guards/frame. I haven't got around to installing them yet, Ill post up some pics when I do. As far as the suspension goes, I haven't been able to spend a lot of time on her yet, and I figure she's going to need a few good rides to break her in. For the few hours I've ridden her, all I can say is its leaps and bounds ahead of the bikes I've owned before :D

10 hour ride report

I am loving this bike so far. I went down to Yellow Jacket Glades / Hemlock Lake this weekend and put about 10 hours of fairly steep and nasty switch back / heavily wooded area at about 4500 feet. Bike ran very smooth. The only thing I noticed is the bottom is a bit weak, I really have to be in it to get up the really steep stuff. Right now Im currently running 175m, 42p, NEDH #2, #6 slide. The power is very linear, with a very slight burble at 1/4 throttle. I think im going to drop down to a 40p. I might also drop down 1 tooth on front sprocket to see if I can get a bit more torque down low. The terrain I rode this weekend was so tight, I was in 1st and 2nd while up the mountain, only opening up on the roads between trails. Also I ran spectro SX premix for the first batch, which was very rich. @ 50:1 I had spooge all the way down the can and a few drops on the swing arm after 2.5 hours of riding. Next I tried amsoil interceptor 50:1, after another few hour there was considerably less spooge. Think ill try this for a while with the type of riding I do. I am really amazed at the power this 200 puts out. In full gear im about 210 lbs, and I never felt underpowered, it never failed to put me where I wanted to go. :D

Back