New to all of this

gladtobekickin

So I've noticed at least one particular member on here talking about always using an anti-seize lubricant on all bolts. My only problem with this is I'm a firm believer in loctite, especially when a bike vibrates as much as these. So... There in lies my dilemma... Which is recommended?

I use both depending on where I have found it's needed from my experience.

Loctite medium blue - engine mounts, subframe bolts, all linkage nuts, rear brake pedal nut, kick start bolt, shock bolts, electric start flywheel gear nut, chain guide bolts/nuts, gear shift bolt

Anti-seize - triple clamp Allen head bolts (the ones you were asking about in your other thread), the bolts clamping the axle, head bolts, water pump cover bolts, engine case/cover bolts, handlebar clamp bolts, and brake caliper bolts. Might even be a good idea to use some on the bolts going in to the fuel tank holding on the shrouds if you live in a humid climate to help keep corrosion at bay.

Make sure you read up on and know how both affect torque readings on any nut/bolt that didn't call for loctite or anti-sieze yet you want to put some on. It's not just as simple as add either and torque it down to spec as it will change what torque (always higher) is required.

So I've noticed at least one particular member on here talking about always using an anti-seize lubricant on all bolts. My only problem with this is I'm a firm believer in loctite, especially when a bike vibrates as much as these. So... There in lies my dilemma... Which is recommended?
I honesty would not worry so much. I have never had a problem with my nuts ;) Just tighten them real good and you should be good. Though some nuts I would consider using blue loctite, for example cylinder nuts. The nuts for the linkage for example are so tight, they would not come off.

Back