ohlins ttx inserts for 2012 marzochi forks

kpuc11

Hello I bought a used gasgas 300 that came with ohlins ttx inserts, I was wondering if anyone was interested in them. the inserts have less than 30hrs on them. Please make an offer or I could trade for other gasgas parts.

Last edited:
ohlins

yes I have the stock internals, I never even rode the bike with the ohlins. I know that the bike was not sprung for me so I needed springs at least. Plus I have a suspension tuner that I use, that I love his work, so there is no need for me to use the ohlins. He would rather revalve the stock internals than the ohlins.

I have a set of 2011 Ohlins inserts in 48mm Sachs legs, and a set of 48mm CC Marzocchis (revalved). Both sprung to suit. Have used them both on my 2013 EC250, and well.. Yeah! Theres not much in it.

I've had to revalve the Marzocchis a few times to get them right, and still have a few more things I'd like to do with them. The carts are easy enough to work with, but the fit and finish isn't anywhere near Ohlins. Clickers don't have consistant feel. Rebound rods have the needles peened on at some odd angles. In mine one needle just spins in the rod - have tried repeening with no luck. It still won't pull out and still works, but I dislike knowing its not how it should be. Parts are hard to come by, and as expensive as Ohlins as well! I've seen PFP adjusters crack around the bleed screw due to the stupid design which leaves hardly any material there, and even a PFP which was cross threaded, presumably by the factory. Inconsistancy between ICS springs, even from one leg to the next.

So yeah, the Marzocchi are a good fork and a solid performer, but come with a few niggles which any tuner should be able to address. In contrast, I have loads of hours on the TTX and they are stock valved, and nothing more. I service them, and ride them, and have done for around 200hrs.

How much do you want for the TTX? Interested in international mailing?

my tuner does the gasgas bikes for gasgas north America, I have a lot of trust in him that he will get me where I need to be. I am trying gasgas coming from ktm, so I have no experience with these forks, only what he tells me. What is a fair price for the forks? So I guess you are saying that you would prefer the ohlins to the marzochi?

No idea what a fair price is. I paid quite a bit for the 2011s when new.

I have no doubt your tuner will get the Marzocchis working well. They are very tunable and somewhat similar to all your other closed chamber forks (KYB SSS/Showa TC). As stock forks they worked quite well, and with some attention to detail they perform really well. As well as the Ohlins, if not better. But I think if I had the TTX inserts and the Marzocchi internals and it was my choice, I'd probably lean towards the Ohlins simply and purely based on build quality.

The issue with Ohlins is that there isn't a very big knowledge base about what works and what doesn't, where as with Gas Gas and also Beta using the 48mm CC for a while now , most tuners will have a pretty solid baseline to get you moving in the right direction.

Would I spend a load of coin replacing my 48mm internals with Ohlins gear, probably not. If I was given a set to use, I probably would.. and if for some strange reason I got to choose whichever brand I want.. I'd probably go for some KYB SSS.

EC 250/300 Marzocchi 12-13 FGGG 1282 TTX Cartridge Kit For Stock Forks $1253 - Thats new price. This particular model is now discontinued. Not sure what you'd get for a barely used set.

Where you been Trev? Have you jumped ship to another 48mm Zoke equipped bike? Probably out of my budget really so feel free to negotiate if you're interested ;)

hey jake long time no talk! i sold the nambo this summer but am currently talking to two wheels about a beta race and would like these suckers in my zokes! i don't care what anyone says the trust i have in ttx is invaluable. I've been riding a buddies 14 ktm 300xc and its a great motor but the suspension is not what I'm use too and i hate the handling. hoping to get these inserts then fill in the rear with the fox podium 3 and see how it stacks against the ttx rear!

hey jake long time no talk! i sold the nambo this summer but am currently talking to two wheels about a beta race and would like these suckers in my zokes! i don't care what anyone says the trust i have in ttx is invaluable. I've been riding a buddies 14 ktm 300xc and its a great motor but the suspension is not what I'm use too and i hate the handling. hoping to get these inserts then fill in the rear with the fox podium 3 and see how it stacks against the ttx rear!

That sounds like a beaut plan! Riding for the orange team! I put a few kms on a 2010 300exc today after setting the suspension and engine up for a mate. Agree, the 300s a nice donk. Grunty and smooth and very different to my EC250. The OC forks were pretty nice after a revalve, but they were setup on plush so I don't know how they'd hold up slamming into things at full speed. Time will tell. The PDS shock is something I've never gelled with, nor the tall seat height.

I sold the 45 zoke shivers and bought used 48 sachs for the ttx for the 6days. The nambo was stock with ttx. Yes sir.
PS Kick ass tomoow at mud dobbers Fred. Wish I could be there

$400-500USD? - Thats factoring in that Ohlins USA sometimes do clearance runs at $700, and with 30hrs on them they're used also due for a service. Or you could work off the RRP of $1000+ and ask a few hundred more. Just depends if you want them gone and what you thinks fair.

Back