plug color and questions

BryanMcc

first off, just wanted to see what the common opinion is on this plug color. its not a plug chop, just pulled out of my bike after 3 hours of riding. Should still give a general idea of the jetting right? also my bike has been fairly finicky to start cold, I noticed I accidently put a br8es instead of the EG...would that make much of a difference?

Attachments

• 20140407_211253.jpg
    20140407_211253.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 112
that plug is way to lean for my tastes. i like them coffee with 1 or 2 cream coloured myself. your probably not getting much fuel from your pilot circuit, hence the hard start syndrome. if that was my bike, i would try i size up on the pilot, 1 notch lower on the clip on the needle,and 1 size larger on the main jet and see how it performs. it may not be quite as snappy, but probably have way more torque/pull with a more mellow tone as you roll/rip through the rpms?

I used jakobis method to check pilot jet size with the airscrew. Took three turns out to get to highest idle. I went smaller on the pilot, one step larger on the main and I tried the needle a clip lower and it tried to load up after a few slower sections. Runs good now. I have a hard ti.e with plug chops, especially with the BR8EG as it seems to take longer to develop color. Bike doesn't over heat or anything. Hope I'm not too lean. Temps will be quite a bit higher this next week in moab vs mt so it will be even richer yet. I'll keep an eye on it

mt: are you in Montana?
If so, Moab will be lower in elevation, no? I which case you will largely offset the lower air density caused by the higher temps.

mt: are you in Montana?
If so, Moab will be lower in elevation, no? I which case you will largely offset the lower air density caused by the higher temps.

Plug was ran at 5k feet 45 degrees out. Moab will be 4 to 5k feet but min 20 degrees warmer. JD jet chart shows it being richer at 4k 70 degrees then 5k 45 degrees. I ran it yesterday at 3300 feet and 70 degrees. Seemed to pull hard. I'll be bringing all my tools to ReJET if necessary and my 449 if I really can't get it lol

Back