Revised Jetting Specs NEDW

so am going to try the nedh in place of my nozh clip3 40p 175m,bike is 2013 ec200r,whats a good start point with jetting for this needle based on what im running now.current setting pretty good but could be a little cleaner and seems these Suzuki needles suit th gasser.hav a 178,42,45 on hand.just want to be sure I don't swap out needle then lose ridetime waitin on jets I could hav had ready to go.also which clip setting to start with for nedh?bike is stock with unmod head and 1 base gasket,vforce3,pwk as2.premium95 @40:1.would be nice to get it close first time.thanks and sorry if ive missed this info somewhere else,200 specific data a little harder to find than 250,300

Same pilot and main you have now - H diameter on both means same pilot should work. Both needles supply similar fuel at WOT in their final taper so main should be good. Start in clip 3. Consider clip 2 if it feels a bit fluffy.

thanks again jakobi,dont mind tinkering but id rather be riding so its good to know it should be simple in advance.was pretty happy with th nozh but keen to find out what th fuss is all about.will post my findings when I get part and give it a spin.

4 weeks but finally got my NEDH needle!took bike for a good ride to get a benchmark b4 changing(and ripped the stock plastic skidplate in half on a root infested step).Thorough clean,then NOZH clip3out-NEDH clip3 in.re rode the same route after some initial tweaking of the screws.definite improvement in rideability-smoother transition onto pipe.more progressive rather than burble,WHAM!the hit doesn't 'feel' quite as punchy to me tho, but prob an illusion-because its ramps up smoother it hits less abruptly.the airscrew seems a little less sensitive? airscrew at 1.5 for now(1/8 turn richer than NOZH).Ride it some more,maybe a clip change...and order a better bashplate!

not convinced I don't prefer th nozh on th 200 at this stage.tried the nedh in #4 today.figured go 1 richer to be sure I needed to go leaner if that makes sense.definitely worse burble as expected.fingers crossed for clip#2next.airscrew still vague in its effect.pulled plug after running clip#3 and it looked perfect but it had quite a few hrs of nozh running prior to th couple on th nedh.will try #2 then throw nozh back in and try #2/3 again.

The nozh clip 2 works well in my 200, but I couldn't get the off idle power right without changing to a 6.5 slide.

thanks,that makes some sense as th 2013 manual lists a 7 with n1ef?.mine came stock with nozh and a 6(from memory,must check).6.5 could be the sweet spot...

thanks,that makes some sense as th 2013 manual lists a 7 with n1ef?.mine came stock with nozh and a 6(from memory,must check).6.5 could be the sweet spot...

Yeah, the 7 with n1ef is what came in my 250. 6 nozh was what came in the 200. The 6.5 was the magic part. Just ordered one for the 250, which has been ticking me off. 6 is too rich 7 too lean. good luck.

Missed the hit of the nozh so threw that back in clip#2 pilot 40,main175,as 1 3/4out.best setting ive found for mine so far.think the ned? is more applicable to the 250,300 maybe,where u might want to smooth the hit.on the 200 this setting gives a pretty smooth ramp onto a strong mid hit and good top.good idle,has 1 spot just as it gets on the pipe where it doesnt like constant throttle but it doesnt show when u accelerate through so isnt much of an issue.idle perfect at 1 1/2 if set at v low idle.at fast idle 1 3/4(which also seemed to ride better)

Anyone know how to enter the NEDW in the JD jetting guide? Would like to see how it compares to other needles.

No can do. Not in their list of needles.

Looking at a graph of a certain "Hallsy" of Thumpertalk would seem that the second and the third taper are the usual common to all the triple taper pins while the first would be richer as progression (greater angle) which means in in a longer straight portion of the stem.

Also from the graph it would appear that the second and third taper on the series NECx is 1 notch leaner series N3Wx.

Concluding: Off idle slightly thinner then have a slight fattening and then a mark of difference (leaner) from the series N3Wx.

As soon as I'll find the graph I'll put the link.

Looking at a graph of a certain "Hallsy" of Thumpertalk would seem that the second and the third taper are the usual common to all the triple taper pins while the first would be richer as progression (greater angle) which means in in a longer straight portion of the stem.

Also from the graph it would appear that the second and third taper on the series NECx is 1 notch leaner series N3Wx.

Concluding: Off idle slightly thinner then have a slight fattening and then a mark of difference (leaner) from the series N3Wx.

NECx is = clip for clip to N3Yx. NEDx = N3Wx clip for clip. The Kawasaki/Suzuki N3xx needles have a leaner 1st taper than the NExx needles. Tapers 2 and 3 are the exact same though. Also note that the NOZx and N1Ex needle also have the same 2nd and 3rd taper. The NOZx has a long and rich 1st taper, while the N1Ex series has a much richer 1st taper than the Kawasaki and Suzuki needles, but with the same length 1st taper. Kawasaki's NAL and the 1/2 clip leaner NAFx series needles also have the exact same taper profile as theirN3xx needles, but with a shorter L-1. Meaning NALx in #1 = N3Yx #3

Looking at a graph ...

This is what i found

ubuhy3yv.jpg

Sorry for double, remove one please.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1411114597439.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1411114597439.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 50
...The NOZx has a long and rich 1st taper, while the N1Ex series has a much richer 1st taper than the Kawasaki and Suzuki needles, but with the same length 1st taper. ...

NOZx and N1Ex first taper is leaner then N3Yx and N3Wx, the angle is smaller!

Is the shorter straight portion which makes them richer off idle when compared with the same stem diameter.

NOZx and N1Ex first taper is leaner then N3Yx and N3Wx, the angle is smaller!

Is the shorter straight portion which makes them richer off idle when compared with the same stem diameter.

Yes, Smaller straight section would be richer, but i'm talking about the 1st of the 3 tapers on those needles, and for sure the the NOZx and N1Ex have a richer 1st taper than the Kawasaki N3Y/Wx and the NEC/Dx needles. The NOZx needles have a longer straight section in particular and this adds to that needle series overall richer feeling at lower throttle settings.

Yes, Smaller straight section would be richer, but i'm talking about the 1st of the 3 tapers on those needles, and for sure the the NOZx and N1Ex have a richer 1st taper than the Kawasaki N3Y/Wx and the NEC/Dx needles. The NOZx needles have a longer straight section in particular and this adds to that needle series overall richer feeling at lower throttle settings.

I have not talk about diameter of the straight!
In all needles first taper is leaner then second that is leaner then third.
Richer or leaner depend of angle.
NOZx appear rich off idle because its short straight.

Back