Revised Jetting Specs NEDW

Your findings are exactly what you will find with the NEDx needles. 4 stroke like power delivery with all the benefits of a 2 smoke :D I just watched your video and it brings back all the memories of my tim running the N3. That nice mid range snap as it comes onto the pipe. I do miss it for the fun factor, but the reality of it is that it wears me out.

Did you change your main jet when you swapped out the needle? Running the NEDx with a 178 main would be equivalent to running the N3Ex with a 182. IE you'll be too rich so the top will feel well underpowered/fluffy.

Looks like you had a top ride too! Thanks for the vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlXIIfb2ZqE) and the feedback on the jetting.

Your findings are exactly what you will find with the NEDx needles. 4 stroke like power delivery with all the benefits of a 2 smoke :D I just watched your video and it brings back all the memories of my tim running the N3. That nice mid range snap as it comes onto the pipe. I do miss it for the fun factor, but the reality of it is that it wears me out.

Did you change your main jet when you swapped out the needle? Running the NEDx with a 178 main would be equivalent to running the N3Ex with a 182. IE you'll be too rich so the top will feel well underpowered/fluffy.

Looks like you had a top ride too! Thanks for the vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlXIIfb2ZqE) and the feedback on the jetting.

No mate left the MJ @ 178. I can see that the N3EJ may wear you out more than the linear power of the NEDW but there is something about the snap up top that I am really loving at the moment. Perhaps the NEDW would be handy in the real sloppy stuff so will keep it for a rainy day.

I find the N3 has the snap closer to the bottom. The NEDJ has heaps of snap up top, but like I said you were running a couple sizes too large on the main. If you lay the 2 needles side by side you can easily see that the taper end of the NEDx is alot thinner than the N3Ex.

I honestly find that I can keep the bike singing much more easily with the NEDx aswell. So its not all that boring. Just smooth bottom into a meaty mid with a screaming top. In comparison I found the N3Ex a bit weak off the bottom followed by a very abrupt snap into the mid range, and a screaming top. In most snotty situations it was always snapping in and out of the power which is what wears me down. I find myself controlling wheel spin instead of riding faster. In the dry I now miss that crack of power. Fortunately all I have to do is open the throttle a little more.

If you ever get around to swapping the needles around again make sure you drop a 172 main in there with it. It'll make a world of difference to the top end.

My bike smoked like crazy with the N1EE needle. I liked the power but it was just too rich down low even with a 38 pilot. Happy to say that I swapped in my new NEDW needle and I'm very impressed with how much it cleaned up the smoke. Power is nice and linear but not anemic. The air screw adjustment seems to have more of an influence on how the bike runs now.
2011 250 38 carb
42 pilot
NEDW 3rd clip
178 main
200', ~45F

Little observation since the last time I had the bike running. Same jetting adjustments just a little colder temp. Bike doesnt start as easily as I would like, and with the choke on the idle seems to hang. One blip of the throttle seems to cure both problems. With the choke off or the bike warm idle is fine, but needs a slight crack of the throttle to start on the first few kicks, even when warm. Bike runs great otherwise, and off idle response is stellar. Am I still lean on the pilot causing the harder starting and high choke idle?

NEDW needle needed

Working on some jetting testing. NEDW backorded from Suzuki till after Xmas.

Anyone got a spare, I'll pay or replace later. PM me. Thanks.

NEDW v NEDF

Whats the difference between NEDW and NEDF its for the 250 using nedf at mo still got hanging tickover 40pj, 175mj, clip 2, as 1.5 turns bike in uk smooth power delivery is what im after

The difference is a few sizes on the needle diameter. The F being richer than the W.

If your idle is hanging, have a look at the position of the idle screw. If its turned in too far (as they are when delivered with the stock needle) it will indeed hang and race alot.

What model carb? AS1 or 2?

NEDJ v NEDF

As1 carb, idle screw not turned in very far just enough to lift slide slightly, do you know what causes hanging idle I have never had this on any other bike. many thanks.

Guys 42 pilot jet horrible, do you think back to 40pj and drop the needle to clip 3 as its on clip 2 now, Run out of time today might try tomorrow or Friday any feedback much appreciated.

Have you ever measured the squish or had the head modded? I had all kinda of issues getting mine to respond well off idle when it had 2.6mm of clearance between the head and piston.. just a possibility.

If moving the clip pos 1 richer is too much also consider NECF#3 which will be in between the two.

Cure for poor idle. I have a 2002 250EC which woul not idle well or would not respond to air screw adjustmet. At first I thought the plugged SJ was the cause. After removing the jet block (you will need a special hollow torx driver) I found the idle discharge port was plugged. I believe it might be a .8mm hole. I used a .6mm to clear it without making it over size. It idles great with a 42 SJ w/ about 1&1/2 turns.

Swapped out the NOZI today for the NEDW and definitely like the smooth power delivery.
The NOZI#3 had a mild hanging idle but nothing to severe. With the NEDW it got much worse. Doesn't seem to matter if I back of the idle screw till it's nearly dropping out or wind it right in to lift the slide, the air screw makes hardly any difference. Interestingly when the bike was in gear and the clutch pulled, adjustment became a little better but still horrid.

Logic says riches up the pilot but I can start it from cold with no choke which I understand means a rich pilot already?

Ec 250 2012, AS2, NEDW#3, 42 pilot, 175 main, air screw has no effect...

Last edited:
NEDW needle

Good day,
This is my first question that I have posted on this site. I am a new GasGas owner, purchased a brand new 2013 XC250 race a few months ago. Coming off a KTM 300, and so far love the GasGas. I have yet to change the jetting from the stock but plan on going to the 40 NEDW #2 172.
I guess my question is this: I am having a hard time locating a NEDW needle, any suggestions?? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Good day,
This is my first question that I have posted on this site. I am a new GasGas owner, purchased a brand new 2013 XC250 race a few months ago. Coming off a KTM 300, and so far love the GasGas. I have yet to change the jetting from the stock but plan on going to the 40 NEDW #2 172.
I guess my question is this: I am having a hard time locating a NEDW needle, any suggestions?? Your help is greatly appreciated.

I ordered my NEDJ through a local Suzuki dealer. Ask them to look in the parts diagram/list for 06 RM250.

Back