revloc dyna ring any good?

Jeremyxc300

So im really looking to get an auto clutch for my gasser, but a rekluse is far out of my price range :( upon some searching around i found the dyna ring, $380 new, just install adjust and go? anyone got one? complaints? issues? From what i've seen they seem to be a pretty good alternative to the rekluse.

So im really looking to get an auto clutch for my gasser, but a rekluse is far out of my price range :( upon some searching around i found the dyna ring, $380 new, just install adjust and go? anyone got one? complaints? issues? From what i've seen they seem to be a pretty good alternative to the rekluse.

Where did you find that? They have been out of business for awhile. I have one and it took a bit to set up. Not as easy as, "plop it in and go." I had to do a lot of adjusting, which means taking the clutch cover on and off.....ALOT! But it does work well once you get it dialed in. It likes ATF fluid, for sure.

Where did you find that? They have been out of business for awhile. I have one and it took a bit to set up. Not as easy as, "plop it in and go." I had to do a lot of adjusting, which means taking the clutch cover on and off.....ALOT! But it does work well once you get it dialed in. It likes ATF fluid, for sure.

http://enduropilot.com/store/item/38neu/Revloc_Dyna_Ring_Auto_Clutch/GAS_GAS_EX200_250_300.html
i figured there would be quite a bit of adjustment, but if it works well it seems worth it!

did some digging and the revloc website seems to be up like they are in business? http://www.revloc.com.au/category21_1.htm

well dang, that website lets me go through the checkout with no indication of being out of stock at all. Sucks cause i doubt i'll ever be able to shell out the cash for a rekluse

well dang, that website lets me go through the checkout with no indication of being out of stock at all. Sucks cause i doubt i'll ever be able to shell out the cash for a rekluse

jeremy...i tried a dyna ring on my 01 300 and never got it to work right..
i know some have, but i could not.. to the point i sent them my entire clutch to check.. they gave me a full refund and were very nice to work with, but in the end it just would not work on my bike.

jeremy...i tried a dyna ring on my 01 300 and never got it to work right..
i know some have, but i could not.. to the point i sent them my entire clutch to check.. they gave me a full refund and were very nice to work with, but in the end it just would not work on my bike.

i think i read that from you elsewhere on here, thats why i posted this to get some more feedback on them, if i could find on used from someone i'd probably still give it a shot

i think i read that from you elsewhere on here, thats why i posted this to get some more feedback on them, if i could find on used from someone i'd probably still give it a shot

it worked great as an auto.. could never get the over ride as a manual to work... as desertgasser said.. i had that clutch cover off more times that i ever care to again..

last i heard, revloc was out of biness... Very nice people..

it worked great as an auto.. could never get the over ride as a manual to work... as desertgasser said.. i had that clutch cover off more times that i ever care to again..

last i heard, revloc was out of biness... Very nice people..

dang, thanks for the info! i don't mind working the clutch too much, so im probably just gonna funnel my money into the bike elsewhere (suspension, steering)...

I bought one for my 09 KTM 300xc, right before those jackass`s went out of business!!!! I could never get it right!! And there was no support, obviously:mad: If I were you, I would wait until you can find a used Rekluse at a good price.

I bought one for my 09 KTM 300xc, right before those jackass`s went out of business!!!! I could never get it right!! And there was no support, obviously:mad: If I were you, I would wait until you can find a used Rekluse at a good price.

thanks for the input, yah im just gonna hold out on the auto clutch for a while and do some more important stuff like suspension

I dropped a revloc dynaring for an 05 CRF450R into my gasser, been using it about a year, works flawlessly, like desertgasser said it takes some adjusting initially to get it right but now it works like a dream, haven't touched it since I got it dialed in (11 months?? or so).

AND it is adjusted so the clutch lever still works normally. True statement. It all depends where you shim it.

Don't really want (or need) e-start anymore because my bike never stalls.

I bought this dynaring for my Honda the week before Revloc closed. They were apologetic and told me they lost a patent dispute with Rekluse. Ran it in my Honda for over a year before putting it in the gasser.

The Rekluse EXP works on the same principles as the Dynaring, so I don't know why the Honda's EXP wouldn't work in the gasser.

If you can find a Dynaring for an 02-08 (to be safe) CRF450R, here is a video of the install and adjustment. Saw one on Craig's a while back. But I'm not sure if the GasGas clutch baskets are the same from your year to mine. Gofasters would know for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsqKrh8fmZk

Here it is in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXHHjnhIU3U

don't give up the autoclutch is worth it :D

I dropped a revloc dynaring for an 05 CRF450R into my gasser, been using it about a year, works flawlessly, like desertgasser said it takes some adjusting initially to get it right but now it works like a dream, haven't touched it since I got it dialed in (11 months?? or so).

AND it is adjusted so the clutch lever still works normally. True statement. It all depends where you shim it.

Don't really want (or need) e-start anymore because my bike never stalls.

I bought this dynaring for my Honda the week before Revloc closed. They were apologetic and told me they lost a patent dispute with Rekluse. Ran it in my Honda for over a year before putting it in the gasser.

The Rekluse EXP works on the same principles as the Dynaring, so I don't know why the Honda's EXP wouldn't work in the gasser.

If you can find a Dynaring for an 02-08 (to be safe) CRF450R, here is a video of the install and adjustment. Saw one on Craig's a while back. But I'm not sure if the GasGas clutch baskets are the same from your year to mine. Gofasters would know for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsqKrh8fmZk

Here it is in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXHHjnhIU3U

don't give up the autoclutch is worth it :D

Thanks for the info! i'll email gofasters and find out about the baskets, now i gotta go on the hunt for a dyna ring. there is only one that i can see on ebay right now :/

Rumor has it that Slavens Racing bought all their old inventory. If you are set on Revloc, I would start there.

Marc

Thumperflipper - what do you mean by "it depends on where you shim it" - where are you putting the shims? I could not get mine to work with the lever. The other problem was slipping. I would get it shimmed and operating nicely, and then after one or two rides, it would be back to where I started, and slipping excessively. It burned friction plates too. I can't remember if I tried ATF with it.

Cellar is the one who really knows how to set up the Dyna Ring. He had me shim mine also. Shimming as in small washers under the Allen bolts on the outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cellar is the one who really knows how to set up the Dyna Ring. He had me shim mine also. Shimming as in small washers under the Allen bolts on the outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found a used named "cellar" is that him? im gonna go ahead and give the revloc a try so im gonna need some input from some people who know more about these things than me.

I found a used named "cellar" is that him? im gonna go ahead and give the revloc a try so im gonna need some input from some people who know more about these things than me.

Yep thats him

He seemed to be able to dial his in after a while. Which Dyna Ring did you end up getting?

Marc

Trick is just be patient and make little changes at a time. If you don't have the manual for install I have them from revloc give me your email and I will scan them in and send them to you.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

Back