sachs shock rebound prob

Good stuff, it's very good of him to share his secrets. Do you know how soon it will on his site? Keen to get it back together and go play.

ust an FYI - there are different "grades" of ohlins shocks - some with aluminum body and less expensive bushings, etc.

which grade is the ÖHLINS 888-shock

I was talking to Les @ LT-Racing the other day and he is talking about updating his website with details on what exactly needs to be done to the sachs shock to fix the issues that can occur with it. He doesn't want to give away his secrets and his business along with it. But he gets many requests for help from those outside the United States and wants to help everyone.

How can we profit in Germany without sending shock to US?

What is the difference between the normal Sachs shock and the racing part?

which grade is the ÖHLINS 888-shock

How can we profit in Germany without sending shock to US?

What is the difference between the normal Sachs shock and the racing part?

1. I am not sure of the part numbers on the various ohlins shocks - the older ohlins shocks are the same quality as the racing shocks they offered aftermarket - alloy steel body and high quality shock bushings, etc. The OEM quality shocks had aluminum bodies and cheaper rubber bushings versus heim joints (u.k = rose joint). These were supplied on a few gasgas bikes right before the switch to sachs.

2. Les might know more, but as far as I know, he difference between the sachs shocks on various models and years of bikes is valving and also some have a check ball circuit and some don't.... They are all high quality alloy steel body, etc.

3. I don't understand your statement "profit in germany", etc. Les is having some computer problems right now - as soon as he has things resolved he will update his website with details on his updates that improve the reliability and action on the sachs shock. You can order some parts from your local suppliers and take your shock to your local (german) suspension tuner to have it fixed. You will be given all info you need to deal with the issue locally.

Klar?

Thanks,
Jeff
Webmaster
GasGas Riders Club

"profit in germany"

better: to benefit from a LT's solution in germany

Les is having some computer problems right now - as soon as he has things resolved he will update his website with details on his updates that improve the reliability and action on the sachs shock. You can order some parts from your local suppliers and take your shock to your local (german) suspension tuner to have it fixed. You will be given all info you need to deal with the issue locally.

klar!

What is the difference between the normal GG Sachs shock Part No. BE300002509 and the racing part PNo. BE30000RC2509 ?

It's VERY nice of Les to spill the beans about some of the fixes for the Sachs shock potentially costing him business;)

Even though he's across the country I know my suff is in great hands. I'm within driving distance of 3 good suspension shops (including FC) but LTR's Sachs and Marzocchi expertise is second to none so that's where it went.

I ordered my seal today from a KTM dealer (that was hard) £11 delivered, not to bad. Called my seal supplier, Nitron O'rings about £3. New oil £15. Re Nytro £15.
All in £44, not to bad;)
I'm going to replace the spring and the pre load rings aswell while i'm there.

It says on the LTR site that the nitron o ring should be 2.8mm thick, I can only get a 2.62mm o ring, what do you think, will it work?

I would email Les again , but I think it had to be larger or else the problem will re occur.
Cheers Mark

Back