Scorpion skid plate

Stoby

Bronze Level Site Supporter
Just installed on my 06 This is the best designed skidplate I've ever seen esp.the mounting setup
I cant see it bending, coming loose, or vibrating.I put the rad protectors on too but I think the skid plate is without a doubt the best I've seen, of course I havent rock tested it yet but I dont forsee any propblems.Anyway I'd recommend this to anyone I got it and rad guards at Gofasters for less than msrp too!
Stoby

Just installed on my 06 This is the best designed skidplate I've ever seen esp.the mounting setup
I cant see it bending, coming loose, or vibrating.I put the rad protectors on too but I think the skid plate is without a doubt the best I've seen, of course I havent rock tested it yet but I dont forsee any propblems.Anyway I'd recommend this to anyone I got it and rad guards at Gofasters for less than msrp too!
Stoby
Same thing on my '06 Stoby but did both holes on the rear mount line up for you? I could only get one to match

Yeah

Everything went together pretty smoothly I loosenend up the front mounts so i had good movement Then started one rear and the other caught easily .
What did you end up doing?

I was able to get mine on in about an hour- but was hindered by a shoulder injury at the time:o. I would have to say that it is an awsome product- absolutly no complaints! I have rock tested it in the worst possible way- a slot canyon with a bunch of rockdrops and a poor pilot at the bars!there are some serious scratches but no bending or dents (which happened with a moose skidplate same canyon on my KLX450). I also have changed oil without removing the skidplate with no oil pooling on the skidplate.

Everything went together pretty smoothly I loosenend up the front mounts so i had good movement Then started one rear and the other caught easily .
What did you end up doing?

I was short on time so I just ran it with one rear bolt for that ride, I'm going to take another look at it this week. Based on the rocks I heard banging off it I was better off with one bolt than with out a skid plate.....

Well I thought someone would have posted a picture up by now....:D
I just love mine as well. Great product.

GGEC300009.jpg

I have been kicking around which skid to buy. Kinda crossed between the hyde and the scorpion. Anyone got any info or reasons one over the other?

The scorpion can be color coded for your bike-makes it way cooler than the hyde

Attachments

• IMG_4350.jpg
    IMG_4350.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 122
thanks for the picture. I think that I will order one in the next few weeks, still not riding due to shoulder.

scorpion skid plate

fitted it to 2010 300 , fitted awesome even the hole to the oil drain plug lines up ! , have procceeded to beat the shit out of it in the rocky terrain that we ride in and it handles it all , great product :)

I ended up getting the scorpion skid. As far as bolt on fitment goes on my 2003 was perfect . All though none of the drain holes lined up. I will fix that apon my first oil change.:D

fitted it to 2010 300 , fitted awesome even the hole to the oil drain plug lines up ! , have procceeded to beat the shit out of it in the rocky terrain that we ride in and it handles it all , great product :)

we became a dealer for these products, due in part to the quality.. I too have fitted a skid plate, and rad.braces to my 2010 demo unit. We are a stocking dealer. Canadian , eh ? They're on our side ...;)

Just got mine. What's the vote on using the filler foam ? Yeah or nay ?
I also have the LTR mud guard, which helps some in that department.

Never did use the foam. Just gotta make sure you get all the dirt out after a ride. There is still a lot of cooling going on even under the engine. Doesn't work if it's full of mud.

i have had both and prefer the scorpion. it lasts longer and the plastic hyde wears to quickly and i still bent and smashed my frame tubes. the hyde pipe quard catches every tree branch and makes many dents.

2012 skid plate and Radiator protection

We at Scorpion Racing would just like to let everyone know that we have brought in the very first 2012 GasGas off the assembly line here to our factory (Jan 23 2012) for development of the new Skid Plate and Radiator protection products. Hope to have avalability next week. I will post photos when ready.

customer service Pkg #2

Somehow while my 300 was apart my skidplate mounting bar got lost /misplaced /thrown away!!!!!! Sent scorpionsteve a message monday and got a quick response.I told him my problem and he had no problem selling me the bar I told him I was in no hurry since I plan to be riding relatively rock free this weekend.So by next week would be fine.Anyway got it today
Thanks for a great product and great service.
Stoby

Back