spark arrester mod for '05 FSE450 Euro silencer

flybars

My FSE450 came mounted with the Euro silencer and I also recieved the FMF Q silencer as part of the package. I had to take the Euro off and mount the FMF Q because the Euro has no spark arrester.
The Euro is much much quieter than the FMF Q. And it is really nice looking. Has anyone tried fitting an aftermarket spark arrester on the this silencer. It came on the '05 FSE 450. Thanks, Bob

The muffler he has is a krieger and i dont belive the PMB fits that muffler. Not positive though.

'05 FSE450 Euro silencer

Yep. Your right Nick. I emailed them and just got their reply. They don't think their's will fit, but will look into it.
After talking with Nick, I realize the Euro silencer is very restrictive and U lose some power. Too bad, 'cause it looks so good on this bike!:D
I wonder though, if I would gain more on bottom with the Euro?

Lots of older posts at this place....Anyways the kreiger on my bike had a spark arrestor of sorts installed when I got it. Basicly a wire screen brazed in the shape of a cone that went right inside the end of the pipe when you slide the core in. The kreiger is very restrictive, a chambered design, and nice and quiet too. I did a bit of cutting with a torch and managed to get a good bit of extra snap without much noise. I don't have a fmf to compare it too.

I didn't notice any lose in bottom end doing it. This thing has a ton of torque off the bottom with that efi on it.

Back