Steering Dampener for 2010 EC450

ECRider

Has any one installed a steering dampener on a 2008 or later model EC450?
Due to the height & closeness of the tank to the steering head there is no room to fit the torque pin clamp without clashing with the tank.
I was checking my GPR dampener on my 2008 EC250 & it wouldn't fit the 450.

Has any one installed a steering dampener on a 2008 or later model EC450?
Due to the height & closeness of the tank to the steering head there is no room to fit the torque pin clamp without clashing with the tank.
I was checking my GPR dampener on my 2008 EC250 & it wouldn't fit the 450.

I think you'll be forced into a lower-triple mounted clamp like the WER (werproducts.net) - not that that's a bad thing.

I think you'll be forced into a lower-triple mounted clamp like the WER (werproducts.net) - not that that's a bad thing.

Yes, with a bit of butchery to the plastics on under the front head light I might get a WER in. :eek:
Alternatively the new Ohlins dampener may work but I don't think they do them for Gasers yet??

I have an RTT damper on a 2 stroke which due to its design would probably fit the 4 strokes. It's quite a nice system in my opinion but not the cheapest.

I have an RTT damper on a 2 stroke which due to its design would probably fit the 4 strokes. It's quite a nice system in my opinion but not the cheapest.

The RTT damper looks like a good set-up with a handy option for on the fly adjustment. I can see why they are expensive if you also have to buy a top triple clamp as well.

Back