TechnoResearch Cable and s/w Needed

twowheels

Has anyone got a diagnostic tool I can borrow/rent to check trim and other vitals on the 05 450 FSE that's found its way to my shop?

Much appreciated ... this thing needs to go back home ;)

Anyone else think it's weird that a Gas Gas dealer has to come on here begging for tools?

Maybe, maybe not. I picked up the brand in 2010. The 450 in its current form was only nominally offered last year, but not for 2011, and not likely going forward. Where do I draw the line on buying tools to support non-current products?

As a related aside, how many dealers have the tools to properly service Sachs suspension? I do.

Where do I draw the line on buying tools to support non-current products?

Maybe you should be directing that question at this weeks Gas Gas importer?

Perhaps they should have a loaner set of tools for dealers who get stuck with what they have deemed a legacy product?

Quite a few FSE/R owners who frequent this board have stumped up the cash to buy their own diagnostic software for precisely the reason that they cannot get support for the ever changing Gas Gas dealer network.

On a purely commercial note, if the kit saves you a little over 2 hours it will have almost paid for itself at current labour rates.

Back