This scares me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"
Gas Gas and Ossa workers want to communicate the following to friends, clients, importers, suppliers, fans and, ultimately, everyone in the world of off-road industry:

1) Gas Gas and Ossa are viable and profitable. There is a great demand of motorcycles of both brands, and with the appropriate feasibility plan, to ensure that they can serve all bikes that importers ask for, the company will get profits.
2) After a long negotiation process, the bank has agreed to make a substantial debt relief to ease the viability of the company. To implement this off and resume production, it is necessary that shareholders make a capital contribution.
3) Shareholders, to date, have been unable to reach an agreement to make this capital injection. It seems some of them are using the fact of having the factory stopped as a pressure in their negotiations.
4) The company is in a position of ?pre-bankruptcy?.
5) The current management has indicated its intention to make a Layoff, fire a large part of workers and lower the salary to the rest.
For all this, workers of Gas Gas and Ossa want:
1) That the shareholders get to an agreement to finance the company, start again the production and leave the ?pre-bankruptcy?.
2) That the conditions of workers don?t get worse.
In summary:
WE WANT TO WORK, WE BET FOR THE CONTINUITY AND THE FUTURE OF OUR BRANDS, INNOVATIVE, TECHNOLOGICAL AND WITH AN ADDED VALUE.
"

On a positive note at least someone from Gas Gas is keeping us posted.

I'm not worried yet. Makes sense that the creditors don't want to be the only ones that bleed a bit. Now the owners are trying to figure out a way to get around putting up their own cash by doing massive cost cuts. Guessing it will be a little of both. The workforce might be bloated for the number of units they produce. sad for the workers but some cuts may be required to have a viable company.

Friend of me is starting gasgas dealer ship for trial at the netherlands (second dealer)
He went to the factory in spain last weekend for his shop.

What he saw:
The hole assembly line was put on hold and workers are at home. The assembly line is ready to start up again from a to z, but first they have to work out the financial stuf.

They told him that KTM has nocked on the door but had only interest in the trial part.
Gasgas is convinced in their enduro's and their are looking for a investor/buyer for the trial AND enduro. Therefore KTM is not a option.

From my point of view:
There are a lot of rumours, I also believe they have financial hard times.
But that is a result of devolping and marketing their new enduro bikes last years.
We all see last years gasgas is more present in the news with hard enduro's and have top 5 classifications.
It's just a factor of time that gasgas enduro is noticed by a great audiance, jut like KTM 15 years ago.
Gasgas is growing in Europe, only I hope it will not be too late.

(sorry, typing my best english )

I feel very sorry for the Catalan workers, involved in a deleveraging that has sent there country into a depression, hopefully they see this as a chance to keep jobs and become more competitive and reep the rewards in the future, hard to stomach when you have daily commitments and can't see an end. They build great bikes, let's hope they continue to do so.

The employee issues have little to do with the sad state the company is in, unless we're talking about management. :(

The employee issues have little to do with the sad state the company is in, unless we're talking about management. :(

Yep, if management helped create a bloated workforce then the managment as well as the bloat both need cut. Hopefully they figure it out.

If not I'll pick up an extra set of plastics for my bike and ride it lets out the magic smoke. Is there even anything on these bikes that is made in a GasGas factory or are they just assembled out of parts from outside suppliers?

78 employees is really small, I am very surprised. I bet my local wallmart has more employees. Hard to believe 26 extra people caused the downfall of the company. Something else here is not right.

Yep, if management helped create a bloated workforce then the managment as well as the bloat both need cut. Hopefully they figure it out.

Has that ever happened in the history of management? ;)

If not I'll pick up an extra set of plastics for my bike and ride it lets out the magic smoke. Is there even anything on these bikes that is made in a GasGas factory or are they just assembled out of parts from outside suppliers?

Frame, subframe, linkage, swingarm, triples, wiring, pipe, and engine are all I can think of. The only things that would be a real pain would be engine parts, the rest can be figured out with a little resourcefulness.

2 / 2013 Gasgas TXT trials bike , 1 / 2014 Gasgas TXT trials bike , 1/2015 Gasgas EC 300 . I really like my bikes and would buy from the same dealers again . They sell other brands . If they fail to survive I will have to look at other brands . If they survive and do not make public what they are doing to fix there company my next bike will not be a Gasgas . I do hope they pay attention to there customers . I have to in my business .

This thread has run its course.

I'm closing it due to the same issues being rehashed over and over.

GasGas has an announcement coming soon. There's a silver lining on the cloud.;)

Patience my fellow riders.

Thanks
Girard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back