This scares me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that there are the cool boutique brands like GG, Sherco, Beta, TM etc.
I think Beta's placement as a "Boutique" brand is going to rapidly change.

They're having trouble building 2 strokes fast enough and their new XTrainer has already sold out the next two shipments. They actually directed their dealers to sell their demo bikes they are supposed to receive to retail. Nobody has even seen one here yet.

It's happened before. KTM was a niche brand until the 2000 400/520 came out. Overnight KTM became a major player.

They're having trouble building 2 strokes fast enough and their new XTrainer has already sold out the next two shipments. They actually directed their dealers to sell their demo bikes they are supposed to receive to retail. Nobody has even seen one here yet.

It's happened before. KTM was a niche brand until the 2000 400/520 came out. Overnight KTM became a major player.

Looks like a seriously fun bike. A sort of Free Ride on steroids:D

The rumor keeps spreading. Sure would be nice to hear something definitive.

http://www.enduro360.com/2015/02/25/featured/ktm-to-buy-gas-gas/

We could be buying red KTM's before we know it... :confused:

If this rumor proves out, and I sure hope it doesn't, they will lose me. I won't ride a red KTM... Just ain't gonna happen

I hope something official happens soon. I have tried to maintain positive thoughts through out this whole process but the suspense is getting thick.

I really like my GG, but the Betas look damn good, I want to check out the X-Trainer when they come come out, he said all of theirs are sold.

Gas Gas needs to give the riders a status report. The longer they wait to say something the more the rumour mill spins and the more bummed out people get. I would hate to be a GG dealer sitting on a bunch of inventory today.

Technically GasGas cannot produce bikes fast enought either... :D

?You can hear rumors. But you can't know them.?

I wish I could address the topic more on a precise, exact level but I am not currently at liberty to state all the facts. Here is what I can say within reason, direct from the factory.

#1 Fact. GasGas is currently not for sale, a new CEO was hired and started his tasks at hand on February 9th.

#2 Fact. GasGas did file for "pre chapter 11" and closed the assembly line only while the rest of the employee's continued to work. This was set in place last fall if they could not get the banks to restructure without government intervention.

#3 Fact. Terms for long term restructuring has been completed and agreed upon and in a very good favor for the GasGas factory. The press release has continued to be delayed due to short term bank restructuring along with delays from lawyers in taking care of the detail work of the agreement.

#4 Thought. A certain other Euro company did something like this twice I think. So has an auto company in our own country....look where they are now? Am I saying GG will be as big in the future as those? Of course not, but don't count the small Spanish company done and gone on rumors and speculation.

Thanks Mark.
$(KGrHqVHJFIE92EZwDTUBPfijbOVCw~~60_35.JPG

I was riding, supporting, and buying products from the orange European manufacturer starting in the late 80's. It was the minority bike at harescrambles back then, if you can imagine that.

Hard financial times also fell upon them in the early 90's but the quality, performance, and great marketing of the bike won out in the end and you see where they are today.

GasGas reminds me so much of that same small company. I have no insight to the situation at hand, but I do see the same potential that propelled the other company to great success.

As a GasGas owners and fans, all we can do is continue to show our support online, on the trails, and at the races. Maybe the best is yet to come!

thats a relief! if they went the way of the husky's it would spell the end of these forums if we were all part of the same orangeaide!!

(and with lots of us hybridizing our bikes with Jap fronts - not to mention engines we cannot bash that direction anyway!)

thats a relief! if they went the way of the husky's it would spell the end of these forums if we were all part of the same orangeaide!!

(and with lots of us hybridizing our bikes with Jap fronts - not to mention engines we cannot bash that direction anyway!)

Very good point, but its personal choice ,no one is blackmailing or bullying us into it.
"We cop enough of that shit in oz with our communications and airline companies" jeez I feel better now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back