where to go from here. jetting q.

so is it still a keihin pwk model? they list the pwk35, and the pwk air striker.

It looks exactly the same as any other PWK except perhaps the very latest fitted to GasGas which I believe is slightly different. I tried looking at the PWK parts fiche but there isn't enough detail to see the difference I have. Next time I have it apart I'll try to remember to photograph it.

you could purchase a 36 on ebay for around $50... if it has the right slide in it (#5 i believe) you could swap everything else in from your carb ...

the main thing i noticed when i switched to the 36 carb is the air screw had a much more drastic affect. when you get it close, you can definitely tell, the revs shoot right up.... mine is working perfectly, wouldn't switch back to the 38 if you paid me.. and i can ride a 2 hour race and use only 1.3-1.7 gallons...

you could purchase a 36 on ebay for around $50... if it has the right slide in it (#5 i believe) you could swap everything else in from your carb ...

the main thing i noticed when i switched to the 36 carb is the air screw had a much more drastic affect. when you get it close, you can definitely tell, the revs shoot right up.... mine is working perfectly, wouldn't switch back to the 38 if you paid me.. and i can ride a 2 hour race and use only 1.3-1.7 gallons...

Not many 36mm come up on eBay here (UK).
Do you know about OKO? They're PWK copies but they seem to be a lot cheaper. Wondered if any good? Have seen brand new ones for Sterling 110, what's that about $150

i have no experience with them.

if you do some research, you can find the carb - i believe (but i'm not 100% sure) 1990-1991 kx125 was 36mm pwk. some ktm 200's were 36mm. if you search ebay for 1991 kx125 or ktm 200 carb i'm sure you'l find one inexpensive.....

i have no experience with them.

if you do some research, you can find the carb - i believe (but i'm not 100% sure) 1990-1991 kx125 was 36mm pwk. some ktm 200's were 36mm. if you search ebay for 1991 kx125 or ktm 200 carb i'm sure you'l find one inexpensive.....

I can see a an 1994 RM125 carb being listed as a 36mm PWK - do we know if that's correct? I ask as from a breaker and I've had the numbskulls send me all sorts of rubbish in the past despite being specific....................................... Impatience got the better of me and I bought it. :D

Shame I can't get a decent idle on the 35mm because it runs pretty well in that otherwise. Just tricky because the jetting is so different from everyone else's experience.

Last edited:
Found an air leak! No wonder it was erratic.
Am now on 48, FEJ #4, 178 #7 slide

Feels like it needs to be richer at about 2/3 -> 3/4 throttle so may try bigger main although wide open is ok.

Back