Which carb is on my bike?

shaheeb

Hi,

I have an 11' ec200 six days with a shorter carb body and a black plastic boot on the airbox side. Is this a 36 or a 38 pwk?

Thanks

I believe its stamped 36 or 38 on the top of the carb.
From the sounds of it, the 38 comes with the plastic adapter thing.

I've got the same bike and question. I think I read somewhere it is a 38mm
Mine also has this spacer in the end of it, not sure if it is stock? Mine has the screw on top so no number like the ASII on my 300

The threaded cap is the older 38mm AS1. The flat caps that are held down by screws (allen or phillips heads) are the AS2. The other way to check is the bowl size. The AS1 has a deep bowl and float level is 16mm stock, where the AS2 is shallow and a stock float level of 6.5mm. In regards to the plastic spacers I've never nutted this out. Some bikes seem to have them and others don't. I don't know if it means those particular carbs have shorter bodies or if gg has just attempted to use a spacer for a better fit. With my2010 model (reed spacer removed, and ttx shock) the airboot only just fits onto the back of the carb and needed to be heated to stretch to fit. By doing this its also pulled the airboot closer to the shock and it rubs on the spring at times.

The factory has had supply issues regarding the carbs and it appears they have taken whats available. The problem for us is that all of these carbs have differences which means they don't jet the same. You need to be sure which one you have before reading into someone elses specs and results.

TBH I can't tell anything from the pic you posted. Things you want to be checking for are the bowl (particularly the depth), the cap (and any numbers printed on top), and also when getting tuning help settings such as float height, slide cutaway, pilot, main and needle.

Back