'12 250R is in the house

Estart bikes have no choice, they need the 2K-3 flywheel for the ring gear. We'll see how the bike reacts to clean jetting, lower gearing, and breakin. I have 14 and 10 oz weights as options, but will start with no weight at first.

As far as the steering stops, I looked closer and Steve is 100%. The '12 frame spars are thicker and at best, on one side, there is only about 3mm clearance between the fork and frame. Oh well, I'll get used to it. The stop bolt head only engages the frame with less than half its area too.

It's not that bad at all when you are riding it at race pace. I ride nothing but tight and was initially worried when pushing it around the garage. Forks start to loosen up around the 5-6 hr mark.

Another question, what is the bearing/sealing arrangement in the lower end of the 888 shock? '12 parts list shows no parts replacments. Anyone pull it apart yet?

I did not get a manual/CD yet. If anyone has, is there a schematic included? there are a lot of extra wires/connectors up behind the headlight I'd like to get rid of, probably for the Euro gear, or maybe a common harness with the estart bike.

Also, have you guys with the 300s seen this? I was expecting Sushi, not Calamari.

Attachments

• CDI.jpg
    CDI.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 91
I did not get a manual/CD yet. If anyone has, is there a schematic included? there are a lot of extra wires/connectors up behind the headlight I'd like to get rid of, probably for the Euro gear, or maybe a common harness with the estart bike.

Also, have you guys with the 300s seen this? I was expecting Sushi, not Calamari.

I finally have my manual CD, I will look for a lower shock schematic.

My 300 has the same box...

Holy crap!!! I don't think you were supposed to get that CDI unit. It sells for 500EUROS
http://www.jdracingignition.com/

Holy crap is right! I wonder if it has the USB port? I saw a circle there and thought it was a sticker, like is used for QC on parts. Maybe it was a flush mounted cap? Have to check later. More likely its just a two map flash OEM product, perhaps an alternative to Kokusan if they were difficult to get fom Japan.

Holy crap is right! I wonder if it has the USB port? I saw a circle there and thought it was a sticker, like is used for QC on parts. Maybe it was a flush mounted cap? Have to check later. More likely its just a two map flash OEM product, perhaps an alternative to Kokusan if they were difficult to get fom Japan.

Glenn wins the prize for figuring out why there are different ignitions. GG supposedly couldn't get ignitions in time for the last container so they made these up in the factory to get the bikes out. Now I gotta figure out what prize Glenn wins. Maybe a used B8ES spark plug.

That CDI is mounted very close to the coil, better make that a BR8ES plug.;)

I'm assuming they are flashed with the same maps as the Kokusan then, nothing special. It has a custom label with the GG part # so it looks like it was done special. I emailed the company in Italy and asked if it was programable.

What a spin out.. Nice thing to know when its time to drop coin on extra bling bits for my bike though :p

I inspected the CDI last night. The circular port in the enclosure is blocked by the potting compound used to encapsulate the unit, so there is no interface available. This morning I received a reply from JD in Italy conforming my findings exactly. There is a programable unit with USB interface for the GG with software and he seemed quite anxious to sell me one.

I cleaned up a lot of the extra wires up front I don't need, easy to figure out.

As soon as I can finish getting it setup with the Hyde combo, which is going to be a bit of a custom job that may take a few hours. You have to see where I ride to understand this, I wouldn't dare take it out naked. Probably early next week, I'm racing my '07 this weekend in a rock race too, and then some parts come off it. I've had it out on the road to heat cycle it a few times.

BTW, have you guys have any issues dragging/hitting the linkage over logs and rocks?

On our practice course we have a 12 inch log that is about 6 inches off of the ground. That is the only place that I have hit the linkage.

Back