'12 250R is in the house

No problems hitting rocks with the linkage here in Cental Pa was suprised by the lack of dings in the linkage. GMP you shoould bring it to VFTR's Hare Scramble at AOAA. The bike will be perfect for what we have in store.

Wimpy,, you and Glenn need to both come out to JT sometime to ride..next time there is not a race going on on a sunday.. Glenn knows where I am.. I think you'll have fun too..

Wimpy,

I had planned on VFTR but its only a couple days before my ANF trip and I have a lot of stuff to prep, bikes, trucks, camper, etc.

Steve,

I want to come out ASAP, but looks like after the national at the end of July. Can I bring two kids? They can ride, my son took 4th and his friend 2nd in their classes at RORR today. They are good gnarly woods riders, I beat them up every chance I get.

3beejay3,

Congrats man, these are really nice bikes. If you have been around GGs a long time you see how far they have come in refinement, fit and finish. The bike is very easy to work on compared to my others. Just check your battery box mounting and do so something with the shrouds.

It's my first GG. However several rides last year on both 10's and 11's convinced me. When I first saw the pics of the 12's, I knew I was getting a new bike whether I wanted to or not......:D

I'll have a bit of a learning curve with this one and have a few initial questions;

What conditions(temp/altitude etc.) is the bike jetted for stock? (The bike came with a plastic container of spare jets/needles etc. taped to the rear fender.)

Should the front brake line be run thru both guides, or just the lower one?

I don't have the manual or other extras yet, but the dealer said they're coming.

This has to be the first bike in a while that comes with it's own fanny pack.....

It also may be hard to get this one dirty and scuffed up, seems like it would do as well sitting in my living room for artwork.....

Glenn,, The kids should not be a problem. I just need to find a new parking place. They put in a very large solar field and the entrance is where we have been parking the last 2 years.. going to be interesting.. the one whole side of the mountain may be a solar power field soon.. not sure how many miles of trail we will be loosing. I guess its progress.. solar here,, wind all over the rest of the state.. but why can't they put this stuff on top of buildings instead of plowing over the woods??

3beejay,
Where are you from?
Clay

He's another guy from Canada (of all places). I phoned him the other night and said 'Where's your bike?' just to rub it in. He said he'd have it on the weekend. GasGas sales are doing well up here.

Check and regrease!

I pulled the upper T clamp to install my damper tower and figured I'd have a look at the bearings. Not a lot of grease, just smeared on not packed.:eek: Took care of that, and figured I'd better go through the linkage and swingarm now as well rather than wait. Same there, pivot in frame had a very stiff dry feel to it. All good now. This is typical and shouldn't be taken for granted on any new bike.

Linkage uses a combo of seals and orings. Orings in the swingarm, seals in the rocker and frame. I didn't do it yet but the 7mm wide seals can be replaced with two orings each side for a cheap tight double seal. The lower shock bearing is exactly like the top, not sure how thats going to hold up riding down low in the crap but we will see. Overall linkage service is easier, with the exception of the one pivot in the frame (can't do on bench). Parts fit was very good.

I didn't try it yet, but it looks very possible to pull the shock from the right side side like on the pre '12 bikes.

Hyde Combo on '12 a success!

I got the Hyde mounted up last night, can't beleive it fit so well. The molded mounting bosses/holes line up perfectly with the frame tabs! 30mm stainless bolts draw it up solid. I modded the rear bracket that came with it but you really don't even need one. The pipe section fits perfect, so good in fact that I will not bother with the clamps. I had to cut a small releif hole in the bottom to clear the pipe mount bracket, and detail some areas with a dremel where they hit the ignition cover and water pump cover. I also added a piece of HDPE as an extension under the frame pivot. I can have this thing on or off in seconds, which is a far cry from the one on my other bike. Pics to follow.

A couple short rides on some easy stuff to break it in a bit and jet it. I was away last weekend and I can't take it in the woods by my house without guards. Think NETRA enduros thats what its like. Pavement to ledges in less than 100 yards. Tommorrow night I'm going to beat the forks into submission for a couple hours.

Here, in its natural habitat.

Attachments

• IMG_20120630_181501.jpg
    IMG_20120630_181501.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 84
Why are the trees so far apart? And skinny?

Phil,
They don't have any soil up there.....just rock! Those are the few trees that were able to find a small bit of dirt between the rock! I'm not sure if God intended for man to ride dirt bikes there.
Clay

Back