200 jetting with NOZI?

I keep reading of the NEDH needle being used in these bikes. What are the advantages of it over the stick needle?

No one needle is better than any other needle. Taking the time to find the needle and jet combination that works for your bike might make a few changes like improved power, response, fuel economy, less smoke and spooge. The stock needle might be a really poor match to these engines.

There are numerous threads on the topic.

I keep reading of the NEDH needle being used in these bikes. What are the advantages of it over the stick needle?

On my wife's 200, I found that the needle that came with the bike (NOZI) didn't allow a smooth transition from idle on up. After testing both the NECH and NEDH needles, I hit the sweet spot with the NEDH #2 - it's the perfect thing for rolling on the bike from idle - just goes nice and smoothly.

My guess is it's not all the needle - have to keep in mind that I had RB do the head. I did not ride the bike before doing the head, so I have no idea how it would have responded with the NEDH w/o the head work.

Like Jake said, lots of testing - I probably spent ~3 hours figuring it out. Change the clip, go out and ride up and down our road, then come back and either swap the needle or the clip again. Time consuming, but 100% worth it...especially since it's my wife's bike and if she's happy...then I can keep camping and riding...LOL.

The head mod helps. Improves efficiency and makes the engine less susceptible to environmental changes. It makes the engine perform how it was designed to.

But.. the magic is in the needle. It covers basically from idle to 3/4 throttle ranges and thats where we ride as trail riders/enduro/technical. Not so much an issue for MX where its 1/2 - sustained WOT.

How does the NECH and NEDH compare to the JD red and blue needles? I'm been playing with my bikes since I bought it and can't get rid of the boggy, sluggish bottom end. I know I'm rich on top so I'm going to drop the main to a 178 or 175 (Running a 180 per JD) I just put in rings and a 3 mm base gasket but the bike is still sluggish. I had a 2001 200 that had the perfect motor, my 2011 I can't figure out.

3mm/.3mm? Squish clearance/Float height/Carb size/Reeds - Might not just be jetting.

JD Red is kind of comparable, but not. Both 3 tapers, both start around the same diameter. Obviously taper profiles have some variances.

3mm/.3mm? Squish clearance/Float height/Carb size/Reeds - Might not just be jetting.

JD Red is kind of comparable, but not. Both 3 tapers, both start around the same diameter. Obviously taper profiles have some variances.

.3 mm base gasket same one I had on my 2001, Float heigth was just checked, it's spot on, reeds are fine, no cracks and are sitting flat, carb is stock, silencer was just repacked, new rings and all seals and gaskets were just replaced. Head was done at cycle playground for more bttom end but never noticed any difference.

Checked the PV tension? I wonder if its something to do with the pipe. Pretty sure the older models listed a different part number for the 200 to the 250/300. Think they all use the same one now..

I had the motor apart last week and the power valve appeared to be OK. I was going to take the cover off and see if it's opening correctly. I've had two different pipes on the bike, stock and an FMF that was made for the 250-300's.

Danj56,Did you notice a difference in power and when it came on between the two pipes?

Only a slight diffrence at this point but actually like the stock pipe better. I'll see when I sort the jetting out. I'm picking up a diffrent slide (#7) this weekend from a freind and see what that gets me

Only a slight diffrence at this point but actually like the stock pipe better. I'll see when I sort the jetting out. I'm picking up a diffrent slide (#7) this weekend from a freind and see what that gets me

Given the slight differences Jake noted in his comparison to the JD Red, it might not be a bad idea to get one of the NEDH needles for testing - especially since it'll only set you back $12 or so. RMATV had mine to me in 2 days (granted, it was shipped from Utah).

I'll be curious to hear what you think of running the #7 slide. I haven't pulled my #7 slide and swapped with my wife's #6, didn't feel the need once I sorted which clip to run on the NEDH.

Post up once you test...us 200ers need to know...lol.

I have to wait a couple of more days before I get the slide evidently the guy I was supposed to get the slide from got "Stuck" in West Palm Beach. I ordered a needle from a local Suzuki dealer, $12 order online and pick up on the way home from work. I post what I find when I get everything.

I picked up a NEDH needle this arvo. Haven't tested yet and although top two thirds of the needle seems identical to the jd red i was running, it is obviously much finer at the point, so I don't have high hopes for it.

Fractions of a mm make a big difference Paul. The naked eye won't see what the engine feels.

The H diameter is similar to a JD Red though. The first taper should be a bit leaner/cleaner. The mid should feel similar, and the final taper on the NExx is richer (pointy tip). Combo it up with a main a few sizes smaller than you would with the JD.

I probably should have read your post pre-beer last night cause I missed the bit about changing the main jet out. As it stands I ran the nedh ilo the jd red and the same slight stutter at 1/4 throttle was still present. I think I may stop playing around with jetting now until I've pulled the top end apart and refreshed if necessary and had the head mod done.

As a comparison, although I haven't yet pulled the carb down for a look, a mate took delivery of his "new" 2011 ec200 six days this morning. Fork me! This bikes rips. I will definitely be looking at what settings this bike is running.

Back