2010 EC300 Factory Jetting Specs - WTF?

I've run a JD kit on my previous wr250F, wasn't sure how they'd go on the gasser so thought i'd try a few cheaper needles first ;)

Has anyone made any changes or tried any other settings recently?

Jeffs, how did the bike run with the 178? Did you ever move up to position 2?

I tried the needle in second clip and the bike ran horrible. It would act like it did not want to rev at all on the bottom, kind of like when the bike is not warmed up. I then moved to the 4th clip and that was much better but still not as good as the 3rd clip.

For yesterdays ride I installed the 178 main, 40 pilot, 3rd clip a.s. apprx. 1.5.
I think this is about as good as it gets with the N3CH needle. I may try running a 42 pilot and cranking the air screw out a little farther to see what that will do.

I am pretty happy with it overall. It runs very smooth throughout the rev range. If I have any complaint I would like a little more snap down low but honestly I am probably faster with the smoother power delivery.

I tried the needle in second clip and the bike ran horrible. It would act like it did not want to rev at all on the bottom, kind of like when the bike is not warmed up. I then moved to the 4th clip and that was much better but still not as good as the 3rd clip.

What altitude and temp was this ? Might be that in the 2nd clip is just too lean ?

About 500 asl about 55 f. I am sure you are correct about it being too lean. I just wanted to try and see if it had more snap but it did not work out to well.

Last week, we had a nice 65 degree, 61% humidity day so I took the 300 out for a few minutes for a quick plug check. 38 pilot, 175 main, N3EH needle in the 3rd clip and A.S. at 1&1/2 turns out. Plug was a perfect light chocolate brown.

Last week, we had a nice 65 degree, 61% humidity day so I took the 300 out for a few minutes for a quick plug check. 38 pilot, 175 main, N3EH needle in the 3rd clip and A.S. at 1&1/2 turns out. Plug was a perfect light chocolate brown.
Where did you get your N3EH needle?

Where did you get your N3EH needle?

Your local KTM dealer will be able to order you any of the N3 range of needles.

I'm thinking of dropping my needle back to clip 2 once it cools off a bit and maybe trying a 172 main.

Also thanks for the added info Jeff. This thread is almost like a goldmine for 2010/2011 Jetting specs. Appears lots of people having success with these needles.

Is the n3eh richer than the n3ch or leaner? I was thinking it was richer but am not sure. That would make sense with the 38 pilot.

Sorry for asking this but can I post JD's needle graph comparison chart or do you consider it illegal or some how offensive ? I just wanted to show the differences between the needles we are talking about.

what about CHN needles?

i'm digging around trying to find some jetting info on my new 2010 300, and found this thread. i've got the same jetting as OP, and while i'm happy with how the bike runs here and now (60-ish degrees F, sea level), it's likely the only places i will be going from here will be hotter in temp, higher in altitude, or both.

the bike came with a CHN needle in the spares. does anyone have any time on this, or know how it relates to the N1EF that is on the bike (top clip, leanest)? i can always go with one of the N3## needles people have mentioned here since i bought the bike from our local ktm dealer, but was just wondering if anyone knew anything about the CHN needle - it doesn't show up on sudco charts or anywhere else that i've been looking, and my calipers have a dead battery...

I would like to know as well but I suspect it might well have something to do with the 115 main included with the spare jets?

Last edited:
Vindicator,

Posting a screen grab of the chart for information purposes is fine, I have it myself and its a great tool. The only thing that would not be cool is passing pirate copies of the sheet around on the forum, as its JDs property. Same thing with posting valving specs from a tuner who makes a living at it.

I got my 2011 XC 300 dialed in this past weekend.

• 60 degrees F
  • 500 Ft. elevation
  • 170 Main
  • 35 pilot
  • JD Blue needle 3rd clip (from GasGas kit JDG001)
  • 1 1/4 turn on air screw

Back