2010 EC300 Factory Jetting Specs - WTF?

I would like to know as well but I suspect it might well have something to do with the 115 main included with the spare jets?

heh, it is a fat looking needle, isn't it? 'tween that and that 115 main we're looking at the "fuel miser/wheelieproof" setup option?

Vindicator,

Posting a screen grab of the chart for information purposes is fine, I have it myself and its a great tool. The only thing that would not be cool is passing pirate copies of the sheet around on the forum, as its JDs property. Same thing with posting valving specs from a tuner who makes a living at it.

Thank you. I bought the spreadsheet from JD back in 07 when I got the pumpkin, have been using it ever since.

Last edited:
Based on this tread, anyone think that an 85 pilot is a bit on the fat side. looks like most are running around 40? 50-80F at sea level.
Rob

No, I really think 85, but I only had glasses and a magnifying glass. Going out to triple check, because when I saw everyone running 40's I wanted to make sure. got my super duper magnifying glasses now! Report back later.

Rob, that is the idle jet. Put it back and pull the pilot. I am pretty sure it will be a 40 as delivered unless Hall's made a change.

Did the Jd kit give a reccomendation on pilot size?

No, I really think 85, but I only had glasses and a magnifying glass. Going out to triple check, because when I saw everyone running 40's I wanted to make sure. got my super duper magnifying glasses now! Report back later.
I'll bet it's a 35.

well it is a 40, but I was looking at the idle jet. maybe I need to drop to 38 and go with a leaner needle?

Rob, that is the idle jet. Put it back and pull the pilot. I am pretty sure it will be a 40 as delivered unless Hall's made a change.

Did the Jd kit give a reccomendation on pilot size?
Aren't the idle and pilot the same jet? There's only 3 jets in an air striker, a needle jet, a main jet, and a pilot (AKA "slow" jet and AKA "idle" jet).

Needle jet ? If main jet being 175, idle jet being 38/40 what is the needle jet ?
It's the jet the needle regulates through, above the main jet. Typically not interchangeable, but a "jet" nonetheless.

Smaller_PWK_highlow_speed_animationcopy.jpg

Last edited:
Great pic Krieg! Our 2010 EC300 came with a 175 main, 40 pilot, and N1EF in the second clip (from the top). We kept the 175 main, changed to a 42 pilot, and changed the clip position to the 3rd (from the top) on the stock N1EF with the air screw 2 1/2 turns out. This set up had the bike running good so we thought. Then we just installed a CCK needle 3rd clip, 170 main, 40 pilot, 2 3/4 turns out and the bike......RIPPS! Wow we thought it ran good before the CCK now we may have to go back to a stock rear sprocket LOL. BTW we are about 500 ft. and temps. range from 35-55* at this time. IMHO if you haven't tried the CCK you may want to give it a try.

Great pic Krieg! Our 2010 EC300 came with a 175 main, 40 pilot, and N1EF in the second clip (from the top). We kept the 175 main, changed to a 42 pilot, and changed the clip position to the 3rd (from the top) on the stock N1EF with the air screw 2 1/2 turns out. This set up had the bike running good so we thought. Then we just installed a CCK needle 3rd clip, 170 main, 40 pilot, 2 3/4 turns out and the bike......RIPPS! Wow we thought it ran good before the CCK now we may have to go back to a stock rear sprocket LOL. BTW we are about 500 ft. and temps. range from 35-55* at this time. IMHO if you haven't tried the CCK you may want to give it a try.
Where do I get the CCK needle? Mine only came with the N1EF. I'm currently running the JD kit blue needle and it seems to be doing fine. I'm running a 35 pilot at 1 turn with the 175 and the JD needle. Since I put the 50 on the rear, I may try to go back to a 38 pilot and open up the screw a bit, but my bike seems to run very fat off idle. I like a nice crisp off-idle response.

I got it from Steve Beane (After Hours) but I think GoFasters may have them too. Ours came with the N1EF in the bike and a spare CHN which we never tried.

Back