2010 Gas Gas Six Days 300 (Help)

Neil E. has a point about the flywheel itself and it's worth checking as they fail often on vintage dirt bikes. Check/replace the crank as it may have twisted not allowing the proper timing. I have had a failure that caused the crank to twist on a KDX 200 and it exhibited similar symptoms...Has anyone checked into that? You may be able to play with advancing/retarding timing to non-standard specs to see if that helps. Thanks to Clay for all of his support to this site and the GG USA community!

I think Neil could be onto something.

Thanks, but I'm only an expert on the internet. LOL

Considering that several good mechanics have worked on this machine, the problem has to be something uncommon. There's not much else left to check.

I'm looking to the 2011 XC250E to be a simpler machine than what I've had for the last three years. ScottyR knows what my luck has been like.*

*It's pretty bad when your dealer suggests it might be time to get a new hobby.

What about the possibility of a air leak through the case halves? I know it shows running rich but air leaks can do some weird things, like more throttle to keep the bike running maybe?
Just thinking out loud here. Seems like about the only thing left. It could possibly be hidden behind the stator (porosity or machining error?)
Just throwing in my 2 cents.

I have confidence in Gas Gas

I never intended to make people on the forum think I am bashing Gas Gas as I compared it to my previous KTM, my point was to ask if someone could help me out trying to diagnose the problem. I have three very close friends that have GG enduro's two of them are 2010 and one is 2006. I was the first to purchase a 2010 and the other two like it so well they purshased them as well. They were aware of the clutch cover issue and the performace on top end but they also noticed the service GG provided.

Clay did call today and offered to work on the bike again but I am out of town and couldn't meet him however Adrian Lewis at Lewisport, Dale Malesak and Mark Berg all have been working to resolve this issue. Adrian has made several phone call to England to pick their brain. The good news today was Mark at Go Fasters called and said he has filed a warranty claim with Spain and requested a new motor and carb, hopefully things will work out in the next couple of weeks.

Actually if I didnt think all the folks I have dealt with at GG would not support fixing the bike I would had never purchased the TTX suspension or order the new 2.1 ohlins damper for the bike.

I have never bashed any brand of bike or car, I am very patient. I truly appreciate all that Adrian, Dale, Clay and Mark are doing for me

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE someone help me diagnose the problem before I start bashing gas gas.

im glad there helping you out with what seems to look like you finally getting a new motor! the quote above and then the all the ktm talk was the reason for my post on why i was defending the brand. when you get it all fixed up id luv to see a few pics with the ttx front and rear and how well the 2.1 fits. i want to get the 2.1 for my nambo but am concerned with the way itll mount but that can be discussed in another thread when you get your bike running the way we all know it should. i hope your close the end of all this bro.

I dont know who would have said that to you?

I thought you would remember we joked about that one time.

Just so everyone here knows, ScottyR is great to work with. The last parts order got to my doorstep in record time and as soon as he gets the 2011 GasGas bikes in stock, I'll be over to his dealership.

well that's an interesting read! i also hope that gasgas solves onegreyghost's problem to HIS satisfaction. he's been way more patient than i would be to this point. if this is/or isn't one of those rare flaws,after a dozen or so top mechanics can't get it fixed in a timely fashion,it's time for the company to step up and make it right. it's very encouraging to read that this is in the process of happening right now. i to am looking at a2011 ec300 estart to replace my 04 ec 300. what i read in this thread in the next while,will be a big selling point for gasgas over a ktm estart for my next bike. onegreyghost will you please keep posting up info for us,as this issue wraps up.

I thought you would remember we joked about that one time.

Just so everyone here knows, ScottyR is great to work with. The last parts order got to my doorstep in record time and as soon as he gets the 2011 GasGas bikes in stock, I'll be over to his dealership.

Neil,
How much does Scott pay you to say nice things about him?
He offered me a case of Canadian beer and I agreed to that. I'm cheap!
Clay

You mentioned that the tachometer hasn't worked since day one. Have you tried removing it just in case it has an internal short?

I took a timing light apart and built a tool that I can check spark consistency
while riding the bike.
I mounted the light bulb on a plate that I can strap to the handle bars, so that on a test ride I can tell if the spark is breaking down at any given RPM.
Then I know if the problem is electrical or mechanical.
The tool has saved me countless hours of trouble shooting.

I can't believe they still don't know what the problem is, 2 strokes are not that complicated.

Yeah I agree, if I were closer I'd have a go at it, I love a challenge.

Good job on the timing light tool moto9.;)

Some more good news

I received a letter this weekend from Dale Malesak the previous importer and he ask about the bike, he also said he had been following what all has been going on through the forum and speaking with Adrian at Lewisport. He reinforced that he would do all that he could while he was at the factory in Spain on September 20th. I also spoke with Dustin (i think thats his name) at Go Fasters and he said he and Mark Berg would be over at the sametime, so maybe they will listen and warranty the engine. I reminded them I would really like to have the EC transmission. I'll keep my fingers crossed for good luck.

I really hope all this works out so I can rip past two of my friends who have KTM's that have been giving me so much grief. I have a 26 mile single track loop right out my garage and every Saturday and Sunday morning you can her the ting ting ting of the two strokes starting around 7:00am. Two of left the fold and bought different brand bikes mine a Gas Gas and another good friend a Husaberg both have grimlins, his berg has the overheating issue which causes the motor to stop running for about 20-30 minutes until it cools down. The issue is all over KTM talk but he finally had the issue diagnosed and fixed so he knows what I am going through. Its kind of a sick feeling in your stomach but he bounced back and won the 50A at LBJ last weekend.

If any of the forum guys ever are around east TN send me note or drop me a call and we can show you some great single track from Crossville all the way to Bristol TN. We have about 7 good areas and Brown Mountain

Neil,
How much does Scott pay you to say nice things about him?
He offered me a case of Canadian beer and I agreed to that. I'm cheap!
Clay

Clay is easier to train than a Golden Retriever instead you use beers instead of dog treats.

I received a letter this weekend from Dale Malesak the previous importer and he ask about the bike, he also said he had been following what all has been going on through the forum and speaking with Adrian at Lewisport. He reinforced that he would do all that he could while he was at the factory in Spain on September 20th. I also spoke with Dustin (i think thats his name) at Go Fasters and he said he and Mark Berg would be over at the sametime, so maybe they will listen and warranty the engine. I reminded them I would really like to have the EC transmission. I'll keep my fingers crossed for good luck.

I really hope all this works out so I can rip past two of my friends who have KTM's that have been giving me so much grief. I have a 26 mile single track loop right out my garage and every Saturday and Sunday morning you can her the ting ting ting of the two strokes starting around 7:00am. Two of left the fold and bought different brand bikes mine a Gas Gas and another good friend a Husaberg both have grimlins, his berg has the overheating issue which causes the motor to stop running for about 20-30 minutes until it cools down. The issue is all over KTM talk but he finally had the issue diagnosed and fixed so he knows what I am going through. Its kind of a sick feeling in your stomach but he bounced back and won the 50A at LBJ last weekend.

If any of the forum guys ever are around east TN send me note or drop me a call and we can show you some great single track from Crossville all the way to Bristol TN. We have about 7 good areas and Brown Mountain

Do you know if they did a leak down test yet?

Leak Down

I am pretty sure they did. I believe I traced down why the tachometer is not working, there are only two wires that are being used out of the trail tech computer I can purchase the other two functions from trail tech (tachometer and engine temperature) then I believe it will work.

Trev I just read the thread about your Nambi, sorry the misfortune, have they fixed the issue yet.

Could anyone tell me if there is a difference between the two keihin 38mm carbs? The one I have is the same as the one on the race model and Nambi, it has two screws in the top to hold the slide into the carb where as the regular EC's have the screw on top that would hold the slide down into the carb. Would there be a jetting difference between the two? I noticed the bowl is larger on the screw down type

Back