2013 250R and pumpkin

Jakobi

Super Moderator
Never take enough pictures, so today a mate and I went out with the intention of having a play and snapping a few shots. Pretty happy with how the bike is handling with the KYBs and the latest revalve on the shock!

IMG_4673_zpsuwpo5bld.jpg

IMG_4873_zpsfgksx5nf.jpg

IMG_4877_zpsivzy3zac.jpg

IMG_4988_zps7lj35pev.jpg

IMG_5041_zpscpvehxk2.jpg

IMG_5017_zpsbtmi9gxs.jpg

And a few more..

IMG_5005_zpsuwji0fev.jpg

IMG_5002_zpsj7hxhovr.jpg

And a few more of the shades of orange.. just cause they're still nice shots

IMG_4780_zpsepx87hqd.jpg

IMG_4944_zpsnprtcjuq.jpg

IMG_5110_zps2w7hlkfi.jpg

IMG_5091_zps2fve1peu.jpg

IMG_5057_zpsksmmqrma.jpg

Next mission maybe going to try and seek out some more technical areas and see what we can catch.

Great Pics! I need to get out one day with a real camera. An action shot that looks like I know what I'm doing could help my riding "self esteem." :D

Great photos.Have you had a ride on the KTM to compare the white Power forks vs the KYB ?

Cheers

I've put a few kms on the kato. Its a 350exc with WP OC forks. Feels much softer over all, but I didn't feel as comfy hitting things at speed either. Whole bike felt like a tractor in comparison; soft seat, soft suspension, smooth power delivery with ample of grunt anywhere in the rev range and loads of fun to be had up in the higher rpm. Strange feeling ktm ergos though - as they are.

Biggest advantage of the KYBs are the range in which they work. They are soft and supple enough to work well technically, yet firm up and resist diving and bottoming to the point where they entice you to attack still. OCs tend to give one or the other.

Last edited:
Had the same thoughts.Fun & very forgiving bike,enjoyed it alot more than I was expecting.The forks worked really well but as I got more confident & pushed harder it went from plush to hard with little progression.I can't get used to the KTM ergos either,nothing wrong with it ,I must just be a strange shape?

I think that's just how they are. You either gel with their ergos and become one of the many who bleed orange, or you ride something else.

I do find that each time I ride one I feel less awkward though, so like everything I'm sure it could be something that's learnt.. but jumping from an old japenese bike onto a ktm was like sitting in a bike and then being placed ontop of a spaceship.

That 350 engine is something I could get used to though!

A bit like a 20 year old nymphomaniac contortionist .Not what I'm used to but would get used to it.:D

Do you know what 2016 has in store for us???

Someone will pick a fight with USA,some one will throw a stone at Israel & get hit back with a hammer & be surprised,Middle east will pick a fight with everyone,China will consume more resources than the rest of the world,NZ will win the rugby world cup,an EC country will go bankrupt & get bailed out,Steely Dan will make an album that is so friken good your ears will implode ,scattered outbreaks of global warming,KTM will bring out there own tanning lotion,Jakobi will find jetting nivarna & halve the posts on this forum,someone on this forum will get 'hurty feelings',Canada will invade Alaska & no one will notice,Gasgas will release an already excellent range with bold new graphics.I need to get out more.

Someone will pick a fight with USA,some one will throw a stone at Israel & get hit back with a hammer & be surprised,Middle east will pick a fight with everyone,China will consume more resources than the rest of the world,NZ will win the rugby world cup,an EC country will go bankrupt & get bailed out,Steely Dan will make an album that is so friken good your ears will implode ,scattered outbreaks of global warming,KTM will bring out there own tanning lotion,Jakobi will find jetting nivarna & halve the posts on this forum,someone on this forum will get 'hurty feelings',Canada will invade Alaska & no one will notice,Gasgas will release an already excellent range with bold new graphics.I need to get out more.

and where does the 20 year old nymphomaniac contortionist fit into all of this??

Orange tanning lotion! You're onto a money maker there!

and where does the 20 year old nymphomaniac contortionist fit into all of this??

Orange tanning lotion! You're onto a money maker there!

She can fit anywhere you want,she's a contortionist.

Never take enough pictures, so today a mate and I went out with the intention of having a play and snapping a few shots. Pretty happy with how the bike is handling with the KYBs and the latest revalve on the shock!

Awesome shots Jake - so cool to see the areas you get to ride :cool: Looking forward to any of the single track shots you might get down the road too :D

LOL...that's an awesome summary of what '16 holds...bahahahaha

Back