2013 EC250 ?powervavle? problems

Compression low. Got the head off piston looks ok but rings gap is massive. Bore looks fine will get that measured and buy a Full topend kit.

What should the bore / piston clearance be please?

How massive? My lower ring was a ridiculous ~1.2mm (bigger than my biggest 1.00mm feeler) and the bike still felt really good, though the upper was around .7mm.

Im a bit embarrased to post this. Rings gaps were 1.4mm and 1.45mm.

My 250s done 90 hours and the rings are mashed. My mates 300 did 252 hours before he touched the motor and still ran well.......

Forget to oil the air filter? Or has the bike seen some water? Maybe rubber johnny holds it flat everywhere!

I'm thinking I better pull mine down at 75hrs just to get a gauge of where I'm at.

yeah I am so fast I must have worn them out! :D:D:D

Bikes not had a swim, im good with filters etc its a well maintained bike. Not sure why they are mashed already, would be interested to see what your are like at similar hours. As I said bike ran perfectly then all of a sudden it lost top end power.

Got the new piston in, bikes fixed, bit embarrassed it was the rings but never mind im going for a ride with the boys tonight! Happy days!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you got it fixed.
On a side note at least you got to know your bike a little better in the whole process!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Stu, bike was awesome, love it ! Thanks for all the help everyone.

20140410_184516_zpsvgkkeozo.jpg

Back