2013 straight out of the box - UK

Sorry to give you the bad news, but you could have ordered it from KTM for $20.. or out of the states for $10 + $15 postage.. Or asked a Ktm owner who's not using theirs (comes stock in their spares kit)..

The NECJ#2 should have been pretty close. Probably with a 172/175 main. 40/42 pilot. If not I'd be lifting the needle one more to see how it runs..

With the N3CJ start at #3 and then lift the clip if it needs leaning out. Between the 2 needles you can't really compare clip for clip. They have some differences.

Haha funny you should say that - it was a KTM/Yamaha dealer! all i needed to do was ask for a different bike, not the YZ250! :rolleyes:

Ah well, lesson learned...

As a side thought - the dealer also fitted a BR10 spark plug -burns hotter? - should burn more oil in the mix i assume?

Throw that spark plug away and put a BR8ES in there. The 10 is a colder plug which may be why the bike felt like it was running so rich.

Good customer service there. Haha! Yeah.. Different part numbers depending on the brand. I got a similar price from Teamhomo Yamaha in Cairns. I ended up ordering a whole heap from OS. I probably have a spare one in my kit.

In regards to oil ratios, its a massive debate, as is which brand to use. So my advice will be pick a brand of oil you feel comfortable with, then mix at a set ratio and jet to suit. The manual advises 50:1 which I have run with no issues, however more oil is never going to hurt anything as long as the bikes tuned for it.

Back