2018 EC250 Build up

Yep you are all over it. The right hand side assembly is different to earlier ones. Be reall careful taking it of, mine was stuck down tight on one side. Depends too on where you run the adjustment screw as well. Mine is out pretty far, about three turns.

RHS engine cover? Or PV cover?

I know the engine cover changed due to the PV tension adjuster. Might have to have a closer look at the whole shebang.

Head came back from TSP today. Have to measure the squish and see where it ended up. Strange that they didn't put any of the details on the invoice.

RHS engine cover? Or PV cover?

I know the engine cover changed due to the PV tension adjuster. Might have to have a closer look at the whole shebang.

Head came back from TSP today. Have to measure the squish and see where it ended up. Strange that they didn't put any of the details on the invoice.

Yeah that pissed me off too. I would have really liked to have got some details. I even emailed and asked for them and got nothing back. The right hand side power valve was the one stuck on good. But if yours has not been running yet it might come off easy. The right hand side cover uses those beautiful reusable foam lined foil gaskets.

Yeah that pissed me off too. I would have really liked to have got some details. I even emailed and asked for them and got nothing back. The right hand side power valve was the one stuck on good. But if yours has not been running yet it might come off easy. The right hand side cover uses those beautiful reusable foam lined foil gaskets.

Bugger me! I better order some of these 'new' PV gaskets then. Murphy says it's torn before I even try to remove it. I thought being new it might be OK but I already tore the flywheel gasket removing that, so I'm not optimistic.

I have 2 spare right engine case gaskets here so no concern.

I think I'll wait until I change the first oil or something.

Yeah that pissed me off too. I would have really liked to have got some details. I even emailed and asked for them and got nothing back.

I shot Dave a message on FB. I don't think I'll get an answer either. Appears they are quite loaded with work. Churnin em out!

I shot Dave a message on FB. I don't think I'll get an answer either. Appears they are quite loaded with work. Churnin em out!

Emailed them last week to get an idea of what it will cost me, no response yet.
Hope they get on top of it soon!

What is this PV tension talk you speak of? Something I need to check or what?

Same as on the early ones, some needed a bit more tension on them, some didn?t. Usual gassy specialty! Easy to check but a tad more involved to adjust. Right hand side power valve cover off to see if it has more than a bees pecker of play.

Took some time to measure up the new head work.

1.00mm at the edge, opening up to 1.50mm across the band; 2.4 degrees.

Haven't measured the volume yet! Guess I better do that.

Bugger me..

Combustion chamber cc's at 21.5cc
250cc piston dome has always been around 6.6cc
Volume of 1mm squish clearance is 3.46cc

Total trapped Volume 21.5 - 6.6 + 3.46 = 18.36
Compression Ratio (18.36 + 249)/18.36 = 14.56

Bit high I think..

If.. it was cut to 1.25mm as requested the ratio would down to 13.93:1 ...which is where my old 2010 was set. Last bike was 13.2:1

So so so.. Where to from here.

Bugger me..

Bit high I think..

If.. it was cut to 1.25mm as requested the ratio would down to 13.93:1 ...which is where my old 2010 was set. Last bike was 13.2:1

I?d be sending it back. If you asked for 1.25mm it should be close at least.

Bugger me..

Bit high I think..

Mine went down to TSP twice as well.

Also, after you rip the 5mm thick gasket, check the retainer nut on the PV actuator rod thingy - mine had backed out all the way down the thread.

My 300 is running just under 1mm so that is fine, can take out of chamber to reduce ratio to where you need it which is lower.

Ended up doing the round trip down and back. I haven't cc'd the head and don't think I'll bother working out the comp ratio.

Squish clearance has now been opened up to 1.26mm at the edge, coming across to 1.36mm on the inside. Much better.

Ended up doing the round trip down and back. I haven't cc'd the head and don't think I'll bother working out the comp ratio.

Squish clearance has now been opened up to 1.26mm at the edge, coming across to 1.36mm on the inside. Much better.
Are you planning on racing this bike in a vinduro series ?!?

I can't believe I still haven't started her yet..

Head is bolted back on..
Carb has been gone through, lil tweak to the floats but pretty good out of the box. 42 NEDW#2 175. Replaced cap bolts with allen heads. Number 7 slide with no notch. Back in the bike and ready to rock.

Pulled the guts out of the cannon of an exhaust. Interestingly no spark arrestor at all. Just a long small ID straight through muffler. Was going to take a few inches out of it, but would have required a bit more work than I could be bothered with for probably minimal reward. Put it back together for now.

I put some fuel in her today.. just in the carby..

Kick kick kick and she's alive! Sounds nice and crispy. Makes me excite!

Still got the flywheel cover and starter motor on the bench mate..

Along with the button that makes it all happen..

and the battery has never been in connected.. Speaking of which, how does it sit in there? Got a pic?

Back