94 CR 250 Ground Up Restoration IMS Wide Ratio Transmission Issue

The backgrounds with numbers just arrived from Decal Works, I put them on last night. I just shipped the suspension off to Drew Smith and Mike at Works Enduro Rider. The golds cad plated bolts, axles and the rebuilt repainted radiators should be here on Friday and some stuff will be here next week.:D

Last edited:
I got some work done this weekend. The bolts and axles were cad plated.

I got a new truing stand which worked great. I just need to go over the wheels with a torque wrench then install the galfer rotors, tubliss and tires.

Last edited:
I also installed the swingarm and I used a Motion Pro Service Tool to press the bearings into the rear link and install it as well.

Last edited:
I also just got the radiators back from Mylers and bolted them on as well.

I also sealed up the air filter mount D Ring with some 3M adhesive.

Last edited:
I just got some used rad louvers and I am soaking them in degreaser. Impossible item to find new.

I got the swingarm installed and my suspension arrived from Works Enduro rider on Monday. The forks and shock were anodized in black. I will upload those pic when I get home.

Last edited:
I got a new shifter as well.

I am installing some Rally Pro Grips.

Clutch side installed

I just got a Tusk Spoke Torque wrench.

I am going to torque the front and rear wheels to spec and I have a set of tubliss and tires on the way.

Last edited:
I got new side caps for the swingarm. The swingarm was powdercoated silver.
I also installed the rear brake hose guides with cad bolts.

I old brake pedal was a little beat up so I got a 2014 YZf 450 brake pedal and it bolted right up. I might need to trim the Yamaha bolt a bit with a dremel because it is close to the swingarm but is has good amount of clearance. I ordered a Yamaha master cylinder U clamp bc the YZF brake pedal is a little wider where it joins the master cylinder. Also, those footpegs are titanium and came off a 2009 YZ250. I used Yamaha pins and springs to mount them.

Last edited:
I am very happy with the backgrounds and numbers from Decal Works.

I also installed a new oem tank strap. I'm not sure if the orientation of the strap is correct. I installed the new upper seat mount washer with a cad plated bolt. I also installed a new oem fuel valve and oring, pics to follow.

Last edited:
Suspension from Works Enduro Rider

Shock, anodized black.

Shocks and forks

This is how she looks at the moment, ....we are getting there.....

Last edited:
I finished the rims, installed Tubliss inserts on the front and rear wheels with new metzeler tires. I put a Unicross on the front and Six Days on the rear. I got it off the stand and sat on it for the first time in 18 months!:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
Is there a special tool to remove the small round "grub"cover on the brake pad pin for the front brake caliper? Mine is seized up and I will put a torch on it but I wondered if there was a special tool to fit the groove, my impact driver fits the groove but it is just a little too wide

Is there a special tool to remove the small round "grub"cover on the brake pad pin for the front brake caliper? Mine is seized up and I will put a torch on it but I wondered if there was a special tool to fit the groove, my impact driver fits the groove but it is just a little too wide

I finally got the little cover off and thankfully the brake pin wasn't seized and came right out.

I am trying to get the Honda finished and ride it a little before the 2018 Gassers get here. I mounted a "Braking" Wave rotor on the front and an EBC vented rotor on the rear. I finished bleeding the front brake and it works good. I hooked up the rear brake master cylinder linkage with the 2014 YZ450F brake pedal. I was able to use the stock Honda pin but I had to bend the Honda clevis. I had bought a New YZF clevis but it was a smaller size than the Honda master cylinder and I could not use it. The YZF pedal bolt cleared the swingarm but it was a little close.

I was going to install a Megura 314 throttle but I had trouble finding a throttle cable that I thought would work. I got a good deal on a Domino Throttle and I bought a nos Honda throttle cover that slipped right on without a problem.

Last edited:
Back