Bike for my 18yr old baby girl

One of our inseam-challenged, 20-something lady sometimes-racers has one of these.

A BLAST to ride hard. So much fun.

I was shorter than your daughter when I started with my GG125, it takes a few rides to get a feel for the bigger bike. In the long run it was a better idea than a small bike. Now obviously I grew and your daughter probably wont grow any more.

However, depending on how much she enjoys riding, will she adapt to a bigger bike if you gave her that option. Or will she get put off. I know some people who really acceled when they were put on a bigger bike, and some who got put off and dont ride now. I dont know what kind of person your daughter is.

Have you asked her what she wants to do?

Rick,

Your not getting what I'm saying. I know the KX85 has a PV, my son has that bike. My point was that she is riding an RM85 now WITHOUT a PV, and that takes some skill.

I'm picking up what everyone is putting down. It comes down to what she is willing to try more than anything we can say. The options are out there. She obviously has skill to keep a powervalveless 85 on the boil. A bit more power delivered smoother shouldn't phase her. The trade off in not being able to touch the ground as easily is that the larger wheel base, and increased suspension travel will make the ground feel that much smoother.

Does she fall off often? Like I said before. I can hardly touch the ground but by working on keeping both feet on the pegs I feel I have improved so much more than by having a bike that I could flat foot on. Its all about knowing which side to fall off on :D

CRF150R will be a really nice bike for all and will have good resale value if you sell it before it eats itself.

Back