Clake Braking System

modette

I pulled the trigger and I bought a Clake. So when it gets here I plan to do a bunch of reviews like unboxing, installation, and after using it, and maybe a demo on using it.

True I could of bought a Rekluse I guess but I've known people to burn those up in slow technical riding where it's slipping all the time.

One positive with the Clake is it can go from bike to bike, where the Rekluse can not unless you buy the same bikes over and over and down the road they have not changed.

I'm excited by it, and the one video on Youtube was sooo flawed on the operation that it almost had me disregard the system until I looked into it more.

Also maybe the uniqueness interest me, so many people point that system out when someone ask about LHRB's but how many in the USA have actually used it and the reviewers from OZ seem to love it though and give it high marks. So yeah I'm taking a huge chance here...and I'm willing to share with you how it all goes. So far working with Owen the owner has been great through emails.

Expect reviews in the Product Review section in a few weeks.

Never heard of it. So I just looked it up. I don't think it's for me, but looks interesting still.

http://www.clake.com.au/clake advantages.html

The video on the main page explains how it works. I hope to expand on his videos some. As with everything it's not for everyone.

Just like the APT Smartcarb I run is not for everyone or many other products I might run.

I guess we will see. I hope it helps me with riding this stuff in winter...
http://youtu.be/7DA_nlON42g

I have one on my 13 XC300. I love it to death, and yes it will be able to go to bike to bike. Once you get it setup you will love it. I had to get a few different cams for the clutch pull to work the way i wanted. Than to top it all off I installed a Rekluse.

Last edited:
I have one as well and now have a 2 lever which enables you to pull clutch or brake independently if the need arises.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjWSr6nHTjA

The 2 lever in the video looks great, I didn't see it on the Clake website. Did you buy the 2 level directly from them?

In 2006 I had an GasGas EC 300 with a recluse and a left hand rear brake. Loved the left hand rear brake. For the recluse I always missed the abilitly to use the clutch. At that time the left rear brake meant no clutch leaver.

I had the original clake and found out the pro lever could be replaced with the 2 lever with minimal work so went for it and love the new design.They've just started production of the 2 system so should be on their website soon.I have one of the first prototype.

clake

Did you get the 2 lever set up or the original one? I see the options are rear brake control or dual rear brake using pedal also. How is yours to be setup?

I have left hand brake option only.There is a ton of cams to help set up where and how you want the clutch and brake to actuate.He sent me the 2 lever with the cams of my choice.

I've done quite a bit of reading and read some great reviews from some repuatable riders here. As with everything it appears it takes a bit of a different approach and a learning curve (as well as personal setup) to get the most out of it. I think I'd rather this than a recluse as a LHRB setup, and would like for the clutch to engage almost fully before touching on the rear brake. Only issue I can see is if trying to grab a handful of clutch in a technical section and pulling too far.

I've done quite a bit of reading and read some great reviews from some repuatable riders here. As with everything it appears it takes a bit of a different approach and a learning curve (as well as personal setup) to get the most out of it. I think I'd rather this than a recluse as a LHRB setup, and would like for the clutch to engage almost fully before touching on the rear brake. Only issue I can see is if trying to grab a handful of clutch in a technical section and pulling too far.

That's where the two lever comes in so you can only use clutch if you want.

That's where the two lever comes in so you can only use clutch if you want.

Then you just need to make sure you grab the right one ;)

Either way you are relearning a skill.. It seems once mastered it offers substantial advantages though. The rider I know who tested it commented how much it made him realise how twisted his hips were going down hills in order to maintain rear brake cover. I'll try look up his reviw. He's no slouch either.. Heres a video of him chasing Jarvis earlier this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV6dUCF_Oh8

I'm suppose to get the 'Clake with the Lot' package which is the Pro lever. I like that more then the Clake 2. I'm going to run the dual setup but if I get to using the LHRB only then I'll take the rear pedal and stuff off, less to break and worry about in crashing.

Crazy time of the year, gave Owen my credit information but have not heard back...I chalk it up to Holidays. No problem lots of time before Spring comes around.

Edited to say: He is also working up a special Coupon for my group RMAR (Rocky Mountain Adventure Riders)...maybe if you mention them I think the deal is going to be 10% off. Anyways thought I share that with you and worth a shot if your looking to order.

I just got the Clake installed last night...I did away with the rear pedal. I'll try and shoot a video today and get that up. Off to pickup my XR650R head.

Back