Favorite Pre-Mix Oil

Not tried the amsoil but like the motul 710 and the GRO Syn7 but v difficult to get hold of - above is based on performance feel and the amount of spooge in the pv

Motul 710...switched from the Motul 800.....back in the day....bean oil did the trick....Blendziol....in the green can:D

Elf 2XT Tech. Smells like bubblegum, very small amounts of spooge, but still leaves a nice coating of oil on everything.

Castrol power 1 , rock oil sythesis or putoline mx5 but im using the castrol at the moment as i can get it from the local motor store

amsoil dominator. doesn't gum pv, good flash point.

anyone run golden spectro? or royal purple hp-2c? a friend of mine can get me gallons of rp significantly less than dominator...

Dominator for years, good stuff. Redline has a high ester content and absorbs water from the air/fuel, which can separate and tarnish carb brass. Happened to me so I switched to Amsoil. Golden Spectro is old school, burns dirty compared to the modern oils.

Seems this has saved me a few questions - my local bike shop only has castrol r1 and amsoil so guess I will be trying the amsoil next

Seems this has saved me a few questions - my local bike shop only has castrol r1 and amsoil so guess I will be trying the amsoil next

The Amsoil Dominator burns just like the GRO, with the added bonus that its red so you actually know when you've mixed a batch up! :D

Well, Amsoil seems to be very popular. What about Maxima Castor 927? I was told it was good.
Trying to decide which oil to start running in new bike. I like to start off with a good oil and stick with it.

Well, Amsoil seems to be very popular. What about Maxima Castor 927? I was told it was good.
Trying to decide which oil to start running in new bike. I like to start off with a good oil and stick with it.

Casters smell good but are dirty and tend to gum things up. Ideally for trail work you want a synthetic/semi synthetic with a relatively low flash point. This will provide good lubing without too much gumming/carbon/spooge. Going top of the line using ends up with a high flash point which means half the oil ends up coming out the exhaust.

Maxima K2 synthetic. So far so good, very little smoke at 40:1 and no noticeable spooge. Jetting is still dicey as I am riding instead of testing, but I'll get it sorted soon, I promise.

I like both Amsoil and the Maxima synthetics. They seem about the same for jetting and running purposes.

Amsoil Dominator no spoog really to speak of. 927 works excellent if you like to pull your power valve apart after every two rides to clean it.

Just to clarify, have used castrol r1 (previously tts) on all my previous bikes and it is a good oil, but for some reason it does not sound as crisp in the GG when compared to motul or GRO

Back