GasGas, New Investors

Seems plausible.
They have to have a lot of bikes already built.
Certainly, they won't scrap them.

Dead Enduro Line

Interesting... :)

Pit(KTM) has lied about everything else so its the same stuff. The GG enduro line, including the Ranger, are some excellent machines, that is exactly why KTM will never sell the enduro line. KTM bought GG to kill the enduro line.

... and by this time the entire enduro range disappeared from the products in the gasgas site :mad:
There goes brand loyalty.... I'm pissed

Interesting... :)

There are also rumors that JotaGas is interested. The problem is, these informations are like a gnawed off bone. There's no flesh on it. So there's a little bit of taste but nothing we would consider as a serious information. And, there is no serious source for all of these rumors.

I'd love to see the "Phoenix"-bikes survive, even if it is under a different brand name (except KTM).

This is new :-(

Server not found

555e0e6c44410b25cbc35563ab599953.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

An interesting discussion. What I'm wondering is - if KTM buys out competitors' lines to reduce their competition in the marketplace, why would they sell off the GG platform to another company? (that wouldn't "kill it"...)

Jeff

Last edited:
Marketing principles....

You maximize revenue by having three tiers of product to sell...

As an example...

• Average model for cost conscious consumer...
  • Premium model for mainstream market
  • Custom model for customer willing to pay premium for best product

Adding gasgas gives them brand to position at "lower tier" with husky and ktm above it....

In the USA this is why GM has Chevy, Buick, Cadillac brands (as an example).

Jeff

Marketing principles....

You maximize revenue by having three tiers of product to sell...

• Budget model for cost conscious consumer...
  • Average model for mainstream market
  • Premium model for customer willing to pay premium for best product

Adding gasgas gives them brand to position at "budget tier" with husky and ktm above it....

In the USA this is why GM has Chevy, Buick, Cadillac brands (as an example).

Jeff

Agreed, but if they are going to produce a bike on the same platform as KTM/Husky how much would they have to de-content the bike to make it attractive vs. just buying a KTM or Husky? The cost to produce the bike won't be much less even if they went with cheaper suspension/brakes. If they passed that savings on 100% to the dealer my guess is the dealer would have to discount the bike that much more against a comparable KTM/Husky to make the bike attractive. So now dealers are subsidizing the price difference with their own lost profit. I just got a new KTM 150 OTD for $6,100. Assuming there was a 150 GG how much meat is left on the bone if the platform is essentially the same?

I'm not saying you are wrong. Just trying to wrap my head around it.

An interesting discussion. What I?m wondering is - if KTM buys out competitors? lines to reduce their competition in the marketplace, why would they sell off the GG platform to another company? (that wouldn?t ?kill it?...)

Jeff
It's a good product & would recoup some cash for KTM without being a major threat to sales(small niche brands).

There are also rumors that JotaGas is interested. The problem is, these informations are like a gnawed off bone. There's no flesh on it. So there's a little bit of taste but nothing we would consider as a serious information. And, there is no serious source for all of these rumors.

I'd love to see the "Phoenix"-bikes survive, even if it is under a different brand name (except KTM).

I've heard(from a very reputable source!) that the current GG bike tooling/rights is currently up for tender & most likely will remain Spanish. JTG have their own engine & complete bike about to be released.

Let’s wait and see what will come.
Maybe Ossa is coming back or JTG will bring an Enduro bike or another brand....
Gasgas like we know it is dead and will never come back. Parts for the bikes before 2012 are already rar, like engine parts for the 125. Thank god that enough aftermarket parts are available to keep the bike running and that I have 3 complete spare engines :-)
What ever will come from another brand, it will be better than KTM.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

How much of Laia Sanz's GasGas at Dakar this year was KTM? Other than the stickers I'd bet none. Probably what we can expect with the GG enduro line at KTM, unless they kill it out right and market just the GG trials. I joined the JotaGas forum and have been checking in on it daily. GG endure to SWM sounds interesting. I looked at a SWM in Cali in Oct and was impressed. They've tested well. Trying to get my brother to buy one! :D

Well, considering that her bike was a four-stroke, and that the last four-stroke GasGas (outside of the side-valve trials bike) was powered by a Yamaha 250cc four-stroke engine, i am would bet a pretty big amount that it was ALL KTM. Laia was a KTM rider before KTM bought GasGas, so the "GasGas" she was riding was a KTM.

I dont think that Villa will be the next owner, but we'll see. My bet is on AJP after I heard from SWM that they will not buy the old GG platform.

Back