GasGas, New Investors

Appreciate the reply, but can you go and kick them in the balls for ruining Gasgas for me/us? I do hope the parts remain available to the buyers who have kept them employed for years.

It is seriously leaving such a bad taste in my mouth that Ktm are swooping in and destroying a brilliant motorcycle in favour of another jelly mould of a Ktm.

Right with you on this bru!:D

Parts are still available for the Italian Husqvarna's thru KTM/Husqvarna. The tech trainer in Temecula came from the old Husqvarna and provides help for those bikes and they keep the FI scan tool to send to dealers for those bikes. I don't know very much about those bikes but I regularly get parts for some pretty old units.

I think the worry of parts availability is a bit over blown. In the US they are required by law to make and sell parts for a minimum of 10 years. Since Gas Gas has used a lot of same components for so long even the older bikes should still have parts available.

I think the worry of parts availability is a bit over blown. In the US they are required by law to make and sell parts for a minimum of 10 years. Since Gas Gas has used a lot of same components for so long even the older bikes should still have parts available.

That never happens though! They rely on people getting frustrated & giving up & buying new. They just say it's on backorder continually until they get a decent number of requests then maybe they'll do a run. Who's gonna enforce it anyway?
Parts in Australia weren't great at the best of times

Parts are still available for the Italian Husqvarna's thru KTM/Husqvarna. The tech trainer in Temecula came from the old Husqvarna and provides help for those bikes and they keep the FI scan tool to send to dealers for those bikes. I don't know very much about those bikes but I regularly get parts for some pretty old units.

Indeed a lot of parts are still available but there's plenty of bike stoppers ya can't get any more.

I hear people say this. Do you have proof of this law? I've never seen it. Also if a company ceases to exist as it was before then I'm not sure its possible. All that to say I have no issues getting parts from the aftermarket for my 20 year old gasgas

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I know in the automotive world, they have to provide parts and service for ten years.
I have never found this to be true.

I hear people say this. Do you have proof of this law? I've never seen it. Also if a company ceases to exist as it was before then I'm not sure its possible. All that to say I have no issues getting parts from the aftermarket for my 20 year old gasgas

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
i suspect this is the loophole. Probably need to provide 10 years of parts if its still the same company. how do you force a bancrupt company for example to remain open for 10 years. BUT gasgas still exists so maybe not a problem!

Those of you who feel very strongly about this should just stock up on barrels and pistons and other gasgas specific parts as an investment to sell on later

Not worth to over-elaborate about the obvious future of the red-white KTMs...

For those of (many) of us that would never buy a KTM, one very viable option is to wait for the release of the Jotagas 300 enduro bike. It is around the corner and by all means very promising in all aspects (and with few clever ideas around the engine)... bike/performance-wise and management-wise. I suppose all GasGas fans know who is Josep Pibernat...

;)

For those of (many) of us that would never buy a KTM, one very viable option is to wait for the release of the Jotagas 300 enduro bike. It is around the corner and by all means very promising in all aspects (and with few clever ideas around the engine)... bike/performance-wise and management-wise. I suppose all GasGas fans know who is Josep Pibernat...

;)

I had NO idea that this was cooking. None. Gives me hope. Thanks for enlightening me.

;)

Yep, I?ve been looking/hoping for this option down the track.
Initial reports so far sound like they could be a pretty attractive option.

;)
I just saw some photos here.
www.jotagasforum.com

Clay is a good guy and will take great care of his customers. He will do well by Jotagas just like he did with Sherco and GasGas.

He got run off by both companies in under 5 years. He nearly killed GG in the U.S. back in 2013. Then he goes to Sherco and cuts the throats of all of his dealers by selling bikes out of his basement. No question that he takes great care of riders but he is a piss poor brand manager

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...one very viable option is to wait for the release of the Jotagas 300 enduro bike...

Don't know much about Jotagas (though I certainly welcome any new competition into the mix), but the best current option is the other "red" bike: Beta.

I rode most of the new models at a demo day a few months back, and they have some very solid bikes. My 2011 EC250 has a lot of tweaks to make it just how I like it (suspension tuning front and rear, head and carb mods, some brakes mods, etc.), and the race-edition Betas are easily as good or better right out of the box. They have a MUCH better starter / electrical system, lots of aftermarket support, and based on the brand's growth the last 5 or so years, they clearly have good business management. Sherco is swinging for the fences with all these pro riders they're signing, but I think it's going to be Beta that seriously challenges KTM in the next 5-10 years.

Most importantly, they "feel" and "ride" very similar to GasGas, at least like the older smaller framed ones like my 2011. The power is very smooth, the smaller ergonomics are similar, the handling / stability is similar, etc. When I ride a newer KTM, Husky, Sherco, heck even most Japanese bikes, they just "feel" very different. Taller, twitchier, never planted, etc. It would probably take me a dozen rides to really get a good feel for those bikes, but it was literally instantaneous for me on a Beta.

I'll certainly support GasGas for as long as I can (and as long as they give me good reason to), but I have a pretty strong feeling that my next bike (in a couple years) will be a Beta.

(P.S. talking about enduro bikes here, not trials)

I am with you regarding the current Beta. I have a 2020 250. Which is more or less great and a big improvement over the previous generation bikes.

But the Jotagas seems to have everything regarding rideability, performance, etc. The main question mark is how fast the dealer network will grow, worldwide. Some points.. Considering the prototype that appeared already in 2010, it was the first implementation of the starter under the engine, the first enduro 2T with electronic power valve, smart/hidden water pump tech, adjustable black box and having the good KTM like frame that GG finally used for 2018. It has been really the bike that GG should have been as a 2012 model instead of the heavyweight disaster offered from 2012 to 2017...

I am a hardcore GG fan. I owned 5 GGs from 2003 to 2011. I also like to support smaller brands instead of the big ones, especially if in reality the small brand bike performs better than the big brand bike...

Back