GG TX Randonne 200

liv2day

Platinum Level Site Supporter
Just stumbled across this on Enduro21.com; looks to be a good starter bike for those new to the sport. I think it'd be even better if it had a 2T motor in it, but I'm slightly biased too...lol.

Gas Gas TX Randonne 200

87ad3c715b83924884f6418ad75927aa_L.jpg

basically a trials bike with a cheap engine, seat, bigger tank, and curiously very narrow handle bars. Long distance trials is a European thing.

Really? Wow that would be a great bike for my wife putting around with the kids but estart is a must(for every women I know lol) what's the price point?

Yes they are. Sounds like Dale from Gas Gas USA has some coming in a few weeks, but sounds like they are all spoken for. I am going to try and get one for the floor as soon as one is available. I haven't heard for sure but I think GasGas North America may be bringing some in as well. I am anxious to see one. I think they will be a great seller as long as the price is right. I have a Sherco X-Ride here and I think for me it would be a better bike than the Randonne'.
But overall I think the Randonne' will be a better seller because of the lower price and the e-start.

A Chinese 250l with GG badge...man...I don't know. Heavier weight as the 2011 250f, and less motor. Just not sure. I would like a 2011/2010 250f a little lighter and a smidge lower and that would be a great wife bike.

The Cami appears to be a proper 'trail bike', while the Randonne is clearly a 'trials" bike with a seat added. Two different strategies that may in the end run into each other on the trails.

Supposedly the Cami has earned its stripes in South America for the last couple years (Leo, anyone?) and is suited for 2 up riding at a beginner's/relaxed pace. Street certification is underway ... not sure I'd want to take a Randonne much over 30mph with it's geometry.

I agree that a properly configured/lowered 250F would be cool but there's no way to hit the price points of the Cami/CRF230/TTR225 etc with that formula.

GasGas sells Cami in Brasil since 2012 or 2013 without much success.
There used bikes more capable and cheaper. Or Chinese bikes more cheaper with same engine.

Randonne is another story. I never seen one before but I like the concept. The engine looks exactly like the Yamaha YBR125 engine. And there some very nice content on YouTube from a guy on Japanese national trials. This new 200cc version seems much better than 125cc. And yes, there electric start.

I hope that the engine is real Yamaha, not one chinese copy....

What is clear to me is that Gas Gas is trying to increase sales volume. If this bring more money to invest on new 2T Engine, I'm ok with that.

Two things I thought about at work today. IF the Cami comes in around 4500 like the 250l and it is considerably lighter it may do ok. If the gearing is not trials like on the 200 that may do real well. I suspect both of those won't be true though, but hopefully one is.

I'm guessing the Randonne chassis geometry is close or the same as a normal trials bike. That being the case, the steep steering angle will make it difficult to use as a trail machine because the front wheel will wash out too easily. I don't know what market in the world GG are aiming at because it's difficult to envisage a use for it where as normal trials bike wouldn't be as good or better. The pampera which preceded the randonne was popular in the UK for long distance trials, where competitors cover road miles to reach trials sections. These events were really aimed at road legal trail bikes and the cynic might question the use of the pampera in this situation, which was more or less a road registered trials bike competing against less agile trail bikes.

GG did the same thing as the Cami with the 'hobby' bikes a while back. I don't remember those being much of a success.

Sorry to be negative, but I don't want to see GG make mistakes and hope the EC will be around for a long time.

Back