Gopro pointing at the front wheel

If that is your typical rock ride , one you do all the time you may want to try a Gasgas TXT 300 trials bike !

LOL.
No man that ride was still easy.
Took a txt300 on one part of our rides. I almost died. Much easier on the EC300.
30 January we have an EWXC race. MUCH harder than this ride.
I'll take the gopro with and post some footage if you guys like?

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20160111_193817~01.jpg
    20160111_193817~01.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 101
Sorry. Did it on the phone. Text disappeared.
I just added extra 2way tape to get it to stick on the round pipe cover.
Make sure the fender does not hit the cam if you turn the bars. Fit with the bike on a centre stand to make sure its horizontal when you ride. (Yes i stuck it horizontal on the sidestand and had to redo it afterwards. Made some homer simpson sounds)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Damn FDB - is there any dirt in your country, or is it all rock and scrub brush...lol.

Looks like a tough ride, can't imagine what a hard ride looks like.

What brand/model tires do you run to ride in that stuff? Have you ever tried running a trials tire with all that rock?

Cool video, really like the perspective from the exhaust - shows how hard a workout the suspension/forks get.

Damn FDB - is there any dirt in your country, or is it all rock and scrub brush...lol.

Looks like a tough ride, can't imagine what a hard ride looks like.

What brand/model tires do you run to ride in that stuff? Have you ever tried running a trials tire with all that rock?

Cool video, really like the perspective from the exhaust - shows how hard a workout the suspension/forks get.

:)
No there are plenty varied terrain here. We just choose to for some sick reason go find the most rocks and ride them.
I run Mitas.
So far the best combo i could find was the EF07 yellow and EF06 Yellow with Tubliss. I go big on the rear 140/80 is my choice.
It grips very well, and it lasts. I choose the yellow stripe because it is a 4 ply tire that i can plug very easily if i get a cut or a puncture. I had a cut about 1.2cm long and it plugged just fine. Still running that tire.

If i run mousses (Which i absolutely hate compared to tubliss), i would go for the green stripe. They are 3 ply, but are more gummy, They don't last as long though. You do get the double green too which is like a marshmallow.

Pirelli makes a great tire too. I think it is the Scorpion. One of them is nice and soft compound. But i trust the Mitas with the tubliss system most as they have never let me down and teh grip is just amazing. (And obviously i don't ever have to replace the Tubliss system like i have to with mousses)

But i have to say..
I'm changing the front tire to the Metzeller Sixdays 90/100 21 to see what it does. (Its a fatty tire). Had my eye on the Goldentyre GT 216aa 90/100 21 but just cannot find one here. I will give some feedback once i did a ride on it if you guys want?

I have not run trials tires no. They are not allowed in the races. I would not mind trying those maxxis hybrids that come stock on a KTM freeride. But that would just be for playing around. Can't race with them and i don't think they will last more than a few rides either.

Aren't you going to try the Batt tyres out?
Running a Batt in the rear now. Mounted on a mousse. Using it this weekend at Arrows Rest. Running Tubliss in the front just to see the dynamics with the combination.

I like it. Was considering running a boot strap/mount.. but this looks a little safer perhaps and won't point to the sky every time I throw a leg forwards.

I like it. Was considering running a boot strap/mount.. but this looks a little safer perhaps and won't point to the sky every time I throw a leg forwards.

Thats exactly what I was going to try too. Boot mount. I think I'll give the pipe guard a shot. Swing arm looking back is cool looking too.

Last edited:
Back