JD Jetting Kit or Experiment

I'm in the same situation now, just installed a Cannon silencer with no more than a ride around the hood. All my previous swaps on my older GGs needed no jetting changes. FMF TC2, Stealth, Powercore, and Messico silencers. This silencer has a slightly larger core though so we will see what happens.

Here is a pic of the plug. It seems to work great every where with the eception of a bit of detonation on decel. So..... bigger on the main or raise the needle a clip or both?
plug-003-L.jpg

If it was happening on decel as in closed throttle run down I'd be looking at the pilot circuit. If it was immediately as you'd close from a certain throttle position and it would surge for a second before slowing I'd be looking at that particular throttle positon.

Thats a really clean looking plug. Nice. Was that after a plug chop at WOT?

Gasgas It was only 3 or 4 degrees out at that scramble did you richen the bike up to allow for that? It might not be the silencer.
It was only 2 degrees when I got there in the morning!
My bike was really cold blooded and had a high hanging idle at times but I figured it was just the cold air, its useally a touch rich, it had a little more snap than normal tho lol.

Could well have been Eric. I don't think I have changed anything since early spring though. It was still pretty cool then too. I will increase the main up one size and try that. Currently running 45 pilot, N3EJ on 2nd clip, 178 main. Try a 180 main this weekend.

I'd personally be more inclined to go a bit richer on the needle if its cold. I'm running 40 N3CW#3 178 in mine and its aight at 20C but as the temps go its getting a bit fluffy. I tried a N3EW#2 the other week and it felt a bit flat down low in comparison. I think I'll probably go 175 main when it warms up some more. For now its good enough.

Halo all, I come from Spain and I see very good information here, I have
Been checking diferents needles for my 300. 2010 but most of the time
My carburation is lean on the top, I have tried even 185 as main but still lean.
Cuold any guru recomend a good needle for my bike?
I have tried NOZG, N3CJ, N2ZJ but all of them very lean on the
Top.
My float lever is ok. wich is a good needle rich on top?
Thanks.

Halo all, I come from Spain and I see very good information here, I have
Been checking diferents needles for my 300. 2010 but most of the time
My carburation is lean on the top, I have tried even 185 as main but still lean.
Cuold any guru recomend a good needle for my bike?
I have tried NOZG, N3CJ, N2ZJ but all of them very lean on the
Top.
My float lever is ok. wich is a good needle rich on top?
Thanks.

Poster or mod, can we please start this as a new thread. Thanks

Back