Klim pants. Who wears them?

firffighter

I am looking for a pair of pants that will fit the bill for Northwest riding.

Many times the day will begin with cool temps and later in the day hot. I have nice MSR's for cold/wet days and use some old Anwers for the rest, but they are shot.

I was considering the Klim Dakars as a good versitile choice. Seems like they have good versitiliy with venting options.

Anyone have Klim pants? How is the fit? Are they true to size? I wear 36 waist and dont want too tight or too loose.

I have the Dakars, the fit is the same as jean sizing. The size will allow you to take it in or let it out about an inch either way. I really like mine and if I had one complaint it would be they suck if you end up in deep mud, the velcro can get caked in mud and they no longer stay done up around your boot. (quite the hazard when trying to kick over the bike!) But to be fair I was in real deep clay and I was stuck.
GOPR0035.jpg

Good to hear. I think they are the "best" quality pant out there, just want to get the right model and size if spending nearly $200 on riding pants.

BTW, that is some mud hole!

I have two pairs the mojave (5yrs old) and the baja (1 yr old) and they are great. greAT comfort and last for ages, both are fully vented. the Mojave i had for 4 years as my only pair of pants and although they are looking a bit tatty they are still very much in use

I recently got a pair of the chinook (same as the dakar, but in the boot ) for a buddy of mine and he says they are a bit hot for our climate, the vents are not huge (long but about 1.5inches wide) and because they are thick they get hot here, probably good for cooler weather though or flowing riding in summer

Thanks for the info. Sounds like durability will not be an issue, which is what I have found everyone to say regarding Klim gear.

I am considering the Dakar simply because they seem to be the most versatile option. Here in the Northwest, we are generally wet and cool most of the year and only get 2-3 months of "hot" weather where a vented pant is needed.

Now, if I could only find a disounted place to purchase! $179 is the lowest I have found so far.

the chinook, baja and revolt are deeply discounted at atomic-moto.com - i was going to order a pair eventually... unfortunately no major discount on dakar

I have the Chinook and they have been good so far. Size is = to jeans sizes. If I want to be picky the vent mesh is a little fragile. They are way better than 99% of the motocross pants out there. I would buy another pair.

Wow! They have gone way up since my last buy 2 years ago at !45'ish. The Klim Baja in the boot pants are $149 at motorcyclesuperstore.com. over the boots look to have gone up to $170. I crash a lot and bounce off trees and they hold up really well :) I am going to try some in the boot baja's this time as I have hung then pants on a few things when the velcro gets dirty.

Thanks for the hook up on atomic moto.

Just ordered Baja pants, Revolt jersery and Mojave gloves for under $170! Thats a less than the price of the Dakar pant alone!

Awesome. Cant wait to try em' out.

yeah, the price has been slowly dropping over there... you'll like the gloves - super durable and much better construction then regular disposable mx gloves. i've had a pair for 3 years i use for winter work....

Got the gear yesterday in the mail and did a 25 mile rip today. Worked awesome. Great fit, quality made gear and the baja pants breath really well. I would highly recommend Klim products and will ad more to my collection.

Thanks for the advice and link to Atomic!

I've been looking at the klim gear for some time.. I'm still wearing my GG-hebo stuff from years ago as it may fade but it really doesnt wear out.. that said.. when I'm out DS'ing it looks a bit "loud" and GasGas logo doesnt fit when I'm on another brand.. For those that have made the switch from in the boot to outside the boot.. was it a issue dealing with the change?? I've been riding with the inside the boot since the early 80's.. old habits are hard to break..

Cannot remark about function yet but the baja 38's I ordered fit right on the money. My old moose sahara's were falling apart and am intrigued by the klim's lack of gaudy logo's and rep'uted durability. Must admit was a little bummed to see the "made in taiwan" logo inside but guess thats the way of the world these days. If they perform as well as they look I'll be looking at the in the boot unzip to vent model for colder weather riding. Cant remember the name of the place out of missouri ordered them from but the price was right-just took awhile as I ordered over phone (they prefer online). I just did a search for klim baja pant

I can't say enough about my Mojave over the boot pants. I just lost enough weight that I can wear the older pair. I have the newest model which has elastic in the back of waist and now has leather inner pant. They seem to be heavier than the older style, but both are made to last, and are super comfortable and cool in the hot.
The velcro closures at the bottom of pant can be made to fit tight or loose aroung the bottom of boot. Since I don't ride much mud, they have never caught on pegs etc. or come undone. I have other otb brands that can and have caught on the pegs and kick lever.

I've been looking at the klim gear for some time.. I'm still wearing my GG-hebo stuff from years ago as it may fade but it really doesnt wear out.. that said.. when I'm out DS'ing it looks a bit "loud" and GasGas logo doesnt fit when I'm on another brand.. For those that have made the switch from in the boot to outside the boot.. was it a issue dealing with the change?? I've been riding with the inside the boot since the early 80's.. old habits are hard to break..

The over boot is nice, the way they have the velcro means you can fit it nice and tight around your boots and it stops sand and mud going in your boots.
I had a pair of fox over boots before klim and they could not be adjusted, constantly hooking on pegs and ended up shredded in the front sproket. also with the klim, if they do happen to get hooked on pegs (v v seldom) the velcro just pulls appart unlike other brands that have a strap.

I actually prefer wearing my over boot klims to the in the boot klims, but only slightly!

Back