Needle replacement tip

scarylarry

I recently installed a LTR jetting kit in my 00 MC 250. I really struggled with re-installing the spring after installing the new needle. I was ready to give up until I used two zip ties to compress the spring so I could reconnect the throttle cable to the carb slide. The zip ties work good if you place two opposite each other around the spring. Once you have the cable in place just snip the zip ties and you're done.

I use a hemostat clamp. Just compress the spring and the plastic guide, clamp the hemostat onto the cable the remove the cable from the slide. When you're done reinstall the cable in the slide and remove the hemostat. Make sure you get the notch in the plastic guide lined up with the slot. If you fail to do this your throttle can stick open effectively increasing the pucker factor.

I use my sausage like fingers and do my best. I am used to taking the carb apart on my older bikes anyways. But, for next time i will try it your way. THANKS!!!

Take the cap in one hand (right hand in my case) and completely compress the spring so you can still hold the cap with spring compressed with your thumb and hold the cable steady with the same thumb. Give the cable a tug to ensure you have enough length to work with and its not popped out of the cap which would make it shorter. Grab the slide with the other free hand, guide the cable into its slot in the slide, position any holder parts and release the spring tension slowly to make sure it seats properly and there is no binding.

HTML:
Make sure you get the notch in the plastic guide lined up with the slot. If you fail to do this your throttle can stick open effectively increasing the pucker factor.

This is great advice.
I also just use my hands only.

Back